Healthy Recipes + At-Home Science Experiments = Summer Fun!
UGA Extension Fulton County is excited to launch the inaugural Fulton Fresh Kids' Market in June 2020. The Kids' Market will have three components:
- Weekly market locations where Fulton County youth will receive a FREE bag of produce to take home.
- A weekly healthy recipe using the market's featured produce. Each bag of produce will iinclude a recipe card and a recipe video will be released each week on the Fulton County website and social media platforms.
- A weekly at-home science experiment using the market's featured produce. Each bag of produce will include a science experiment handout and kit which will be accompanied by a video which will be released each week on the Fulton County website and social media platforms.
How can you participate? Either stop by one of our market locations (Tuesday-Thursday) or follow along at home through the activity downloads and online videos. The first session of the market will run June 9 through July 9. Activities will be released weekly!
For more infomation on the Fulton Fresh Mobile Market, please visit the Mobile Market page.
FREE Library Resources
Our friends at the Fulton County Library System have compiled virtual library resources to complement our activities below! You do need a Fulton County library card to access most linked resources. Don't have a library card? No problem! Scan the QR code in the PDFs and you'll be taken directly to the online library card application. Thank you to our friends at Fulton County Libraries for these wonderful resources!
STEM kits will also be distributed to Fulton County libraries once they reopen to the public. Check back here for reopening dates and library locations where kits will be available for pick-up.
Want reminders about our upcoming activities? There are two easy ways to keep up with all of our summer fun!
- Follow along on our Facebook page
- Sign-up for our weekly Fulton Fresh Kids' Market emails to have all of our weekly activities sent directly to your inbox!
Participate in healthy activities for the month of June, complete the BINGO card, and enter to win a $25 gift card! Download your BINGO card here.
Week 1: June 2-4
Week 2: June 9-11
Featured Produce: Apples
Recipe: Apple Sandwiches
Science Experiment: Apple as the Earth's Soil
Field Trip Friday: Mercier Orchards
- Dig Deeper Activities for Kids from the Soil Science Society of America
- The Adventures of Sammy Soil Coloring Book from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Apple Coloring Sheet from FoodHero.org
- Cook-Off Craze from ChooseMyPlate.org
- Snack Tips for Kids from ChooseMyPlate.org
Week 3: June 16-18
Featured Produce: Beans
Recipe: Fiesta Quesadillas
Science Experiment: Bean in a Bottle
Field Trip Friday: Shook's Family Farm
Week 4: June 23-25
Featured Produce: Strawberries
Recipe: Berry Popsicles
Science Experiment: Strawberry DNA
Field Trip Friday: Mitcham Farm
- Strawberry Coloring Sheet from FoodHero.org
- MyPlate Word Search from ChooseMyPlate.org
- DNA Coloring Sheet from Pipette Kids
- Cell Coloring Sheet from Pipette Kids
- All A-Buzz About Bees from the Georgia Ag in the Classroom
Week 5: June 30 - July 2
Featured Produce: Citrus
Recipe: Corn Salad
Science Experiment: Invisible Ink
Field Trip Friday: Georgia Grown Citrus
- Citrus activities for kids from the University of Florida
- Secret Code Activity Sheet from ChooseMyPlate.org
- Be a Fit Kid from ChooseMyPlate.org
- The Incredible Cookie Caper from the Orlando Science Center
- Forensic Science for Kids from Twin Cities PBS
Week 5: July 7 - 9
Featured Item: Dairy
Recipe and Science Experiment: Ice Cream in a Bag
- Dairy Coloring Sheet from FoodHero.org
- Dairy Activities from the Georgia Mobile Dairy Classroom
- Dairy Activities from the United Dairy Industry of Michigan