Healthy Recipes + At-Home Science Experiments = Summer Fun!
UGA Extension Fulton County is excited to continue the Fulton Fresh Kids' Market. This program will continue in the summer of 2022. The Kids' Market will have three components:
- Weekly market locations where Fulton County youth will receive a FREE bag of produce to take home.
- A weekly healthy recipe using the market's featured produce. Each bag of produce will include a recipe card and a recipe video will be released each week on the Fulton County website and social media platforms.
- A weekly at-home science experiment using the market's featured produce. Each bag of produce will include a science experiment handout and kit which will be accompanied by a video that will be released each week on the Fulton County website and social media platforms.
How can you participate? Either stop by one of our market locations (Tuesday-Thursday) or follow along at home through the activity downloads and online videos. The second session of the market will run from July 13 through August 12. Activities will be released weekly!
For more information on the Fulton Fresh Mobile Market, please visit the Mobile Market page.
FREE Library Resources
Our friends at the Fulton County Library System have compiled virtual library resources to complement our activities below! You do need a Fulton County library card to access most linked resources. Don't have a library card? No problem! Scan the QR code in the PDFs and you'll be taken directly to the online library card application. Thank you to our friends at Fulton County Libraries for these wonderful resources!
STEM kits will also be distributed to Fulton County libraries once they reopen to the public. Check back here for reopening dates and library locations where kits will be available for pick-up.
Want reminders about our upcoming activities? There are two easy ways to keep up with all of our summer fun!
- Follow along on our Facebook page
- Sign-up for our weekly Fulton Fresh Kids' Market emails to have all of our weekly activities sent directly to your inbox!
Week 1: July 13-15, 2021
Featured Produce: Apples
Recipe: Apple Sandwiches
July Flyer + Apples and kits
Week 2: July 20-22, 2021
Featured Produce: Citrus
- Dig Deeper Activities for Kids from the Soil Science Society of America
- The Adventures of Sammy Soil Coloring Book from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Apple Coloring Sheet from FoodHero.org
- Cook-Off Craze from ChooseMyPlate.org
- Snack Tips for Kids from ChooseMyPlate.org
July Flyer + Citrus and kits
Week 3: July 27-29, 2021
Featured Produce: Sweet Potatoes
Week 4: August 3-6, 2021
Featured Produce: Zucchini & Chocolate
Week 5: August 10-12, 2021
Featured Produce: Strawberries
Recipe: Berry Popsicles
Science Experiment: Strawberry DNA
- Strawberry Coloring Sheet from FoodHero.org
- MyPlate Word Search from ChooseMyPlate.org
- DNA Coloring Sheet from Pipette Kids
- Cell Coloring Sheet from Pipette Kids
- All A-Buzz About Bees from the Georgia Ag in the Classroom