Family & Consumer Sciences
What is a Family and Consumer Sciences Agent?
A Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) agent is a person who can assist workers, consumers, and families in meeting their basic and most important needs with a wide body of research-based knowledge about topics that affect your life: your family, your food, and your house. FACS Agents have a long tradition of helping individuals and families over their lifespan and strengthening communities through educational programs.
How can we help you?
We want to help Georgians meet new challenges in a changing environment. We focus on our clients' economic and social well-being through programs that help people extend their income, cook and eat nutritiously, and make important buying decisions.
What programming is provided in the county?
We help consumers understand the relationships between food and health, promote informed nutrition decisions and regular physical activity, safe food handling and storage, safe home food preservation, and economical food selection and preparation. Through a unique partnership between Fulton County and UGA Extension, Extension staff can tap into a wealth of information for you.
Easy Greek Chicken
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins or breast cut into strips
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 ts onion powder
- 1 ts basil
- 1/2 ts black pepper
- 1/2 ts salt
- Wash hands for 20 secs. with warm water and soap. Rinse lemon under cool water rubbing well. Do NOT WASH CHICKEN.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place sliced chicken breast into a resealable plastic bag. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling raw chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, garlic, and oil. add to bag with chicken.
- Zest and juice the lemon and add zest and juice to the bag with the chicken.
- Measure spices (oregano, onion powder, basil, dill, salt, and pepper) in a small bowl and add to the bag.
- Seal and use your hands to gently mix ingredients around in the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 min.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and cooking spray. Place chicken on the sheet, then wash hands again.
- Bake for 20-25 min. (until the internal temperature reaches 165 F as seen on a food thermometer).
- Serve on top of grain bowl or with your favorite salad and pita bread!