Fisheries Management & Aquaculture
Pond Management Guides
- Sportfish Pond Management in Georgia
- Texas Pond Management Guide
- Clemson Pond Management Guide
- Alabama Sportfish Pond Management
- Auburn University Pond Page
Population Assessment & Management
“Pond Balance” is a term coined by Dr. Homer Swingle at Auburn University to describe thehealth of a ponds fish population. There are several methods that can be utilized to assess balance in ponds. Balance can be checked using Swingle Seine Haul Analyses, Relative Weight Calculations, or through Electrofishing Samples.
County Agents can help you with weed identification and control recommendations for your pond. It's best to collect a sample in a jar or zip-lock bag or digital photos in early spring and submit them to your local Extension Office for identification.
Aquaculture Links & Information
- UGA Aquaculture Unit - Tifton
- KSU Aquaculture
- Auburn Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Pond Culture of Freshwater Shrimp in North Georgia