Insert Camp Photo collage here
Who: Students currently in 5th or 6th grade
Where: Rock Eagle 4-H Center in Eatonton, Georgia
The Rock Eagle 4-H center encompasses 1,400 acres of land and includes a 110 acre eagle-shaped lake and a historic Native American effigy in the shape of an eagle. Classes such as archery, zip line, canoeing, wall climbing, native lore and sailing give campers new experiences and entertainment. Trained by the camps environmental education staff, counselors lead classes in lake ecology, herpetology and entomology in hands-on ways. In HOP (Health’s Our Pledge) classes, campers learn healthy eating and exercising habits by creating their own delicious smoothies and playing active games. There is also plenty of time built in to enjoy the center, which offers two huge swimming pools, a water slide and a putt-putt course.
When: June 19-23, 2023
How Much: $435 | a $100 deposit is required to secure a spot, which is due at time of registration - cash or check only.
Camp Registration: Begins January 31, 2023
- 2023 camp registration will begin on January 31, 2023 at the information meeting for parents.
- The meeting is held at the Coastal College of Georgia Camden Campus Auditorium - 6PM.
- A $100 deposit is required at time of registration.
- All new camper parents must attend the information meeting or schedule a meeting with the 4-H Agent prior to registration.
- Complete the camp registration form and bring payment ($100 deposit - cash or check only) to the parent meeting or to the Camden Extension/4-H office: 1409 Georgia Avenue, Woodbine, GA.
- Camp registration forms will be available at the parent meeting and at the office if you are not able to download the 'Camp Registration Form'.
- Camp spaces are limited, so please call before bringing payment to assure that spots are still available.
- You can also call us if you have additional questions. 912-576-3219
Camp Registration Dates: January 31, 2023 - March 1, 2023 (or until quota is filled).
Final Parent Meeting:
- April 25, 2023, 6PM (subject to change) for those who have registered for camp:
- In this meeting we will hand out paperwork, provide a packing list and clothing guidelines, allow campers to choose roommates, choose travel meals, and class selections for their camp schedule.
- We will also go over our Code of Conduct and fill out the Medical Release Form.
- This meeting will be held at the College of Coastal Georgia Camden Campus.
We also need adult volunteers to join us at camp. If you are interested, please contact the office at 912-576-3219.