McIntosh County Extension office is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC as of Friday, April 3, 2020 until further notice.
Extension personnel are working remotely and are still available to serve you by phone, email, and by appointment for specific services. Please call 912-437-6651 for assistance/appointment. If no one answers please leave a message. We are checking phone messages throughout the day.
All in-person 4-H activities and Extension programs are cancelled/postponed or moved online when possible until further notice. (as of May 27, 2020)
Community Resources during COVID-19:
- McIntosh County School District is providing meal pick-up for ALL students at two locations, TGES and South Newport Baptist Church, every Monday throughout the closure. Students must be present to receive the meals. Pick up at each location is 4:30p - 7:00p.
- Darien United Methodist Church is providing emergency food boxes for senior citizens in need. Call 912 223 4470.
- Second Harvest Mobile Food Bank first Saturday of the month at Leisure Services building in Darien, organized by First Credit Hill Baptist Church.
- North McIntosh Community Food Bank, Morgan's Chapel United Methodist Church, 3308 Shellman Bluff Rd, 1p-3p June 24, July 22, Aug 26, Sept 23, Oct 28, Nov 18, Dec 16.
Mental & Emotional Health Support
Get help coping with stress, anxiety, depression or other challenges in this very challenging time: https://www.mhageorgia.org/getting-help/
Georgia COVID-19 Emotional Support line: 866-399-8938
Georgia Coastal Health District COVID resources and information
COVID-19 Testing Call Center: 912-230-9744
Call Center Hours:
- Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Financial & Business Support
UGA Small Business Development Center:
https://www.georgiasbdc.org/ Brunswick location: (912) 264-7343
IRS COVID Economic Impact Payments:
Georgia Department of Public Health COVID-19 Daily Status Report
COVID-19 GIS HUB
CDC novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 fact sheets and posters
Proper and frequent hand washing, along with physical distancing, is the #1 way that we can ALL prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other germs.
Please Wash Your Paws!
We currently accept cash and checks only for program fees, service fees, and donations. Please make checks payable to McIntosh County Extension/4H.
Extension Serves the Entire Community
McIntosh County Extension offers a wealth of information and services for residents of our county. County Extension Coordinator and trained support staff provide educational programs as well as a number of services.
Our 4-H agent creates and organizes youth educational programs including competitive events which will assist young people to develop citizenship, leadership, responsibility and life skills through experiential learning.
Our Agriculture and Natural Resources programs provide research-based information, educational programming and resources to homeowners and commercial clientele in areas of landscape maintenance, pest control, wildlife control, vegetable and fruit production, annuals, perennials, trees, shrubs, turf-grass and alternative agriculture production.
We can also offer and design educational programs for Family and Consumer Science community needs, provide research based information you can trust on money, home, health, food and family, and assist families on a budget to learn to eat healthy.
Jul 6 - Jul 7 (Virtual) State Poultry Judging (Seniors Only) 4-H Event Crawford, GA
Jul 7 From The Mountains to The Sea: Summer Series Tuesdays on Tybee The Incredible Squid Check the 4-H Center's Facebook page at 3:00pm on each date to tune in to the scheduled program. Crawford, GA
Jul 8 - Jul 9 (Virtual) Food Product Development Contest 4-H Event Athens, GA