Family & Consumer Sciences
News and Upcoming Events
- ServSafe Safety Manager Certification Training: ServSafe is a recognized food safety sanitation course developed by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation in Chicago, Illinois. Textbook will be the new 6th Edition ServSafe Manager Book.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers:
An educational program designed to help family caregivers (no professional caregivers, please). This program will help you take care of yourself while caring for a relative or friend. You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend or someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country.
Living Well Chronic Disease Self Management Program:
- Find techniques to deal with symptoms of chronic disease such as fatigue, pain, stress/anxiety, tense muscles, difficult emotions, shortness of breath. Discover better nutrition and exercise choices. Improved strength, flexibility and endurance. Learn better ways to talk with your doctor and family.
ServSafe Certification Classes in Georgia
- Extension Family and Consumer Sciences: January Newsletter
- Diabetes Life Lines is a bi-monthly publication written by Food and Nutrition Specialists at the University of Georgia, College of Family and Consumer Sciences. It contains the latest information on diabetes, nutrition, the diabetic exchange systems, recipes, and important events.
English version: Diabetes Life Line Newsletter
Spanish version: La diabetes y su vida
- Nutrition and Health Newsletters
- Zero Weight Gain Holiday Challenge
- Walk Georgia News
- The Daily Tribune News August 2013
The Daily Tribune News May 2013
The Wall Street Journal
The Coca Cola Foundation
Subscribe to our Email Lists for Program Announcements:
- Family & Consumer Science
Select a topic:
- Safety and Preservation
- Meal Preparation
- Nutrition and Health
- Housing and Environment
For more Family and Consumer Science resources, please visit the FCS website.
More information: What is an FACS Agent?