Cherokee County Extension Notice: The Cherokee County Extension Office will be utlizing a drop box located in the lobby of our building for soil and water samples. If you need assistance with a water sample, please call the Extension office to confirm the type of test appropriate for you. Water sample kits will be placed in the drop box with your name listed on the outside.
Office Hours: 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm, Monday-Friday
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Master Gardener Extension Volunteers
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- 4-H and Youth Development
To extend lifelong learning from the University of Georgia to the everyday lives of Georgians through current, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
What is UGA Extension?
A partnership of the University of Georgia, the U. S. Department of Agriculture and counties of the state cooperating. UGA Extension is on the forefront of food safety, technology, research, and education; keeping Georgia’s economy strong and making life better for Georgians. Learn more about Extension.
UGA Extension Cherokee County links the resources of the University of Georgia and Cherokee County to provide educational programs, information, and assistance to citizens. UGA Extension Cherokee County helps the citizens of Cherokee County by addressing the following initiatives:
- Family and Economic Well-Being
- Conservation and Management of Natural Resources
- Agriculture Programming and Research Opportunities
- Improving Nutrition, Diet and Health
- Water Quality
- Youth Leadership
- 4-H Youth Development Program
- Service Learning / Citizenship
Local News & Events
- Cherokee County 4-H will not hold a rabies clinic this year under the advisement of the Cherokee County Environmental Health Department. We hope to have a clinic in Spring 2022.
- Cherokee County Extension Blog
- Discount Six Flags Over Georgia and/or White Water tickets through Cherokee County 4-H
- Upcoming Extension Programs Around Georgia
- ServSafe Certification Classes in Georgia
- UGA's Cherokee County Georgia's Weather Station Current Weather Conditions.
- Soil Testing
- Water Testing
- Forage Testing
- Plant or Weed Identification
- Insect Identification
- Nematode Assays
- Plant Diseases
- Radon Testing
- Turfgrass Disorders
- Tree Disorders
- Wildlife Identification
- Plant Identification
Cherokee Agricultural Facts
- Agriculture Impact in Cherokee
- The Story of Cherokee County
Free online learning
24/7 Tips to live a more active lifestyle, shop smarter, make healthier food choices, and cook delicious meals on a budget! Receive free kitchen and fitness items.