When people become educated about financial management, they become empowered to live a better life. UGA Extension's basic financial capability programs are designed to help consumers plan their spending to meet their needs, wants and goals today and in the future.
UGA Extension also offers programs to help consumers improve credit scores, get out of debt and rebuild credit after bankruptcy. Preventive education helps consumers use credit wisely and avoid problems before they start.
We provide resources to help people understand wealth accumulation, protection, and distribution, including estate planning, insurance and investing.
UGA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance UGA VITA offers free tax help to people with moderate incomes, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English speaking taxpayers throughout Georgia.
Retirement is a time to relax and enjoy life. This series includes some important things you should know about planning for retirement.
Losing a job or otherwise experiencing a loss of income is a challenge in the best of times. We'll help you manage this situation.
This series will teach you the basics of credit reports and scores as well as how to manage your credit so you can ensure you have good credit.
This series guides you on writing a will, financial power of attorney, and health care power of attorney.
- Timeline of the U.S.–China Trade Dispute and Tariffs on Cotton and Textile Trade (C 1259) In 2018, the Trump Administration proclaimed significant changes in tariff actions on a variety of U.S. imports, which led to retaliation by U.S. trading partners—including China and many U.S. allies.…
- 2023 Ag Snapshots (AP 129-1) Ag Snapshots is a brief focus on Georgia's agricultural industry and are based on the Georgia Farm Gate Value Report from the previous year with helpful infographics and maps. Years prior to 2023 can …
- 2023 Georgia Ag Forecast (AP 130-1) Each year, UGA's agricultural economists develop a comprehensive overview to help various sectors of the agriculture industry navigate the year ahead. As Georgia's land-grant university, the Universit…
- How to Get Out of Debt (C 1045) Learn about types of credit, how to assess your situation if you are in debt, and how to make power payments to get out of debt fast. Getting out of debt helps financial security and planning for the …
- Starting Your Own Business: Community Resources (C 1046) Starting a new business is an exciting and scary time. Georgia's business sector has an abundance of entrepreneurial spirit, but getting started can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are several com…
Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs Information and advocacy for Georgia residents.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Governmental site that makes consumer complaint stories public.
Growing Pecan Markets Georgia pecan growers are celebrating a huge win as India reduced tariffs on imported pecans by 70% last week following a decades-long effort to open that market for the popular tree nut.
Economic Slowdown Economists at the University of Georgia say to brace yourselves for continued high prices at the grocery store in the coming months.
Record High Economic Impact Growth in the number of degrees conferred at the undergraduate and graduate levels, increases in externally funded research activity, and an expansion of public service and outreach activities all contributed to the $200 million increase in UGA’s economic impact on the state.