When people become educated about financial management, they become empowered to live a better life. UGA Extension's basic financial capability programs are designed to help consumers plan their spending to meet their needs, wants and goals today and in the future.
UGA Extension also offers programs to help consumers improve credit scores, get out of debt and rebuild credit after bankruptcy. Preventive education helps consumers use credit wisely and avoid problems before they start.
We provide resources to help people understand wealth accumulation, protection, and distribution, including estate planning, insurance and investing.
UGA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance UGA VITA offers free tax help to people with moderate incomes, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English speaking taxpayers throughout Georgia.
- Economic Impact of the Georgia Green Industry, 2013 (C 1138) The state of Georgia ranked ninth out of all states in 2013 for green industry (not including sod production, as this was not included in the analysis) economic contributions (including multiplier eff…
- Making Ends Meet During COVID-19 (TP 115) Unprecedented financial challenges are impacting our nation, communities, and households. In addition to the information provided in the "When Your Income Drops" publication series, this publication w…
- How to Get Out of Debt (C 1045) Learn about types of credit, how to assess your situation if you are in debt, and how to make power payments to get out of debt fast. Getting out of debt helps financial security and planning for the …
- Starting Your Own Business: Community Resources (C 1046) Starting a new business is an exciting and scary time. Georgia's business sector has an abundance of entrepreneurial spirit, but getting started can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are several com…
- Get Smart About Identity Theft (B 1435) Your personal identity cannot be taken from you, but your identifying information—your Social Security number and other details about you—certainly can be. If your identifying data is used without you…
Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs Information and advocacy for Georgia residents.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Governmental site that makes consumer complaint stories public.
Free tax prep aids Georgians Free tax prep helps Georgians save over $600,000
Return on Investment Uncertain economic returns for smallholder farmers using fertilizer in sub-Saharan Africa may account for low adoption rates due to variable growing conditions year over year.
High Food Prices Production costs aren't the only culprit in higher grocery prices, with gas prices, labor costs and other increases being passed on to the consumer.