When people become educated about financial management, they become empowered to live a better life. UGA Extension's basic financial capability programs are designed to help consumers plan their spending to meet their needs, wants and goals today and in the future.
UGA Extension also offers programs to help consumers improve credit scores, get out of debt and rebuild credit after bankruptcy. Preventive education helps consumers use credit wisely and avoid problems before they start.
We provide resources to help people understand wealth accumulation, protection, and distribution, including estate planning, insurance and investing.
UGA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance UGA VITA offers free tax help to people with moderate incomes, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English speaking taxpayers throughout Georgia.
- How to Get Out of Debt (C 1045) Learn about types of credit, how to assess your situation if you are in debt, and how to make power payments to get out of debt fast. Getting out of debt helps financial security and planning for the …
- Get Smart About Identity Theft (B 1435) Your personal identity cannot be taken from you, but your identifying information—your Social Security number and other details about you—certainly can be. If your identifying data is used without you…
- Starting Your Own Business: Community Resources (C 1046) Starting a new business is an exciting and scary time. Georgia's business sector has an abundance of entrepreneurial spirit, but getting started can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are several com…
- 2024 Ag Snapshots (AP 129-2) Ag Snapshots is a brief focus on Georgia's agricultural industry and are based on the Georgia Farm Gate Value Report from the previous year with helpful infographics and maps. Years prior to 2023 can …
- 2023 Ag Snapshots (AP 129-1) Ag Snapshots is a brief focus on Georgia's agricultural industry and are based on the Georgia Farm Gate Value Report from the previous year with helpful infographics and maps. Years prior to 2023 can …
Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs Information and advocacy for Georgia residents.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Governmental site that makes consumer complaint stories public.
Economics of Pollination Sharon Kane and Becky Griffin have put together a powerful map displaying the economic importance of pollination across Georgia.
Food Insecurity Early on a cold November morning, dozens of people sort and pack fresh produce into hundreds of bags in a flurry of activity, preparing for delivery later in the day.
Immigration Policies As a shortage of domestic farm labor has led to increased participation in the H-2A visa program, a brief look back at past immigration policies helps frame why migrants from Central and South America have largely been associated with filling necessary agricultural jobs in the U.S.