Extension educators help us fulfill our mission by leading programs in the community. Many educator positions work primarily with the 4-H program in preparing students for competitive events, attending summer camp and supervising volunteers. Educator positions are exempt staff positions that do not require a master's degree.
Extension Educator Openings
Muscogee FACS Educator - Columbus, Northwest
Rabun 4-H Educator - Clayton, Northeast
Jackson 4-H/ANR Educator - Jefferson, Northeast
Cherokee Co. 4-H Educator - Canton, Northwest
Chatham Co. ANR Educator - Savannah, Southeast
Chatham Co. 4-H Educator - Savannah, Southeast
Seminole Co. 4-H/FCS Educator - Donalsonville, Southwest
Sumter Co. STEM Educator- Americus, Southwest
Fulton Co. ANR Educator- Atlanta, Northwest
Fulton Co. 4-H Educator- Atlanta, Northwest
Effingham Co. 4-H Educator- Springfield, Southeast
Nutrition Educator- Valdosta, Southwest
Talbot Co. 4-H Educator- Talbotton, Northwest
- Conduct meetings and deliver prepared curricula in a specific program area.
- Recruit students to become involved in Extension and 4-H educational programs.
- Submit accurate, complete reports on time in Georgia Counts and to state offices as required and provide supplemental documentation useful in evaluating and improving educational programs as needed. Cooperate with other staff in preparing joint reports.
- Budget allocated funds so that equipment, supplies, travel expenses, and other program supports are within limits and seek additional resources for programs.
- Demonstrate personal interest and involvement in local community by joining local civic organizations (or supporting their efforts) and networking with community leaders.
Salary range: $30,000 (dependent on county funding and location)
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field and one year of applicable experience
University staff members have access to many benefits including:
- Excellent health benefits and retirement plans.
- A total of 12 paid holidays, 12 sick days (8 hours per month, unlimited accrual) and 15 vacation days annually (beginning at 10 hours of leave per month, accrual up to 45 days).
To learn more about benefits, please visit the UGA Human Resources website.