About the positions
With more than 160 offices across the state, our offices require energetic and friendly support staff. Staff jobs may have specific duties tailored to the program and/or location. Please refer to the online UGA job posting website for minimum qualifications, roles, responsibilities, and application closing dates.
State 4-H Events Coordinator - Athens
Director of Industry Partnerships - Athens
Research Technician, Whiteflies - Tifton
Staff Positions and Descriptions
- Conduct meetings and deliver prepared curricula in a specific program area.
- Recruit students to become involved in Extension and 4-H educational programs.
- Submit accurate, complete reports on time in Georgia Counts and to state offices as required and provide supplemental documentation useful in evaluating and improving educational programs as needed. Cooperate with other staff in preparing joint reports.
- Budget allocated funds so that equipment, supplies, travel expenses, and other program supports are within limits and seek additional resources for programs.
Salary range: $27,000
- Prepare various accounting forms and exercise basic accounting responsibility in reconciling local Extension budgets.
- Maintain office hours to assist clientele and conduct day to day operations.
- Assist clientele with access to Extension resources and services including printed publications, online content, other educational materials, and sample submission for all diagnostic services.
- Maintain office inventory of publications, office supplies, and materials as needed.
- Assist County Extension Coordinator with personnel procedures.
- Regularly participate in staff and District Conferences - recording and submitting notes to the District Staff.
Salary range: $27,000
University staff members have access to many benefits including:
- Excellent health benefits and retirement plans.
- A total of 12 paid holidays, 12 sick days (8 hours per month, unlimited accrual) and 15 vacation days annually (beginning at 10 hours of leave per month, accrual up to 45 days).
To learn more about benefits, please visit the UGA Human Resources website.