Reliable, Free Information
For over 100 years, University of Georgia Cooperative Extension has provided free, reliable, research-based information based on the latest scientific research in language that anyone can understand.
Our experts deliver information via:
- programs and workshops,
- field days,
- blogs, newsletters and mass media,
- phone call and in-person consultations, and
- print and online publications.
Classes, Workshops and Club Meetings
UGA Extension offers a wealth of personalized services like workshops, classes, consultation, certifications, camps and educator resources. So when our specialists and agents are not in the office, you can find them at:
- farms, businesses and homes conducting on-site visits upon request,
- local and statewide events giving presentations and answering questions,
- schools conducting 4-H club meetings and working in teaching gardens.
See our event calendar for a listing of national, statewide and local events.
A Wide Array of Topics
Extension was started as a way to bring agricultural research to farmers, and that's still a lot of what we do. But did you know that we also provide information for teachers, home owners, lawn care workers, and families?
Here are some of our most popular topics:
- Commercial & Home Food Safety
- Infant, Child & Teen Development
- Lawn & Garden Ornamentals
See our topic areas page for a full listing.
Delivered Through Local Extension Offices
Who better knows how to help than someone close by? UGA Extension has personnel in all 159 Georgia counties, and our team of agents, specialists, and trained volunteers are there to take your call.