UGA Extension helps families thrive with information for professionals and adults on fostering healthy couple relationships, positive parent-child relationships and the care of aging adults.
A Guide to Effective Programming Cultivating Healthy Couple and Marital Relationships: A Guide to Effective Programming is a resource developed by members from the NERMEN working group to share these best practice tips.
ELEVATE Couples Education Curricula An 8-hour couples education program including mindfulness practice activities.
ELEVATE Workshop for Couples Looking to elevate your relationship?
Healthy Relationship Education Training One day training providing information and tools to teach relationship skills.
The National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Model In an effort to guide RME programming, members of the NERMEN working group developed a model reflecting the key patterns of thinking and behaviors associated with healthy, stable couple relationships that can be taught in an educational setting.
- Time Management: 10 Strategies for Better Time Management (C 1042) Learn 10 strategies for better time management, including knowing how to spend your time, setting priorities, using planning tools, getting organized, scheduling, delegating, and avoiding procrastinat…
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Role of Music in Brain Development (C 1053-06) Children who grow up listening to music develop strong music-related connections in the brain. Some of these music pathways actually affect the way we think. Listening to classical music seems to impr…
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Importance of Play in Baby's Brain Development (C 1053-10) Play is one of the most essential activities babies do. Through play, babies and young children have the opportunity to experience new things and practice existing skills, which strengthens networks o…
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Prime Times for Learning (C 1053-02) Research in brain development shows there are certain windows of opportunity, known as sensitive periods, when certain parts of the brain develop most quickly. These windows are prime times for learni…
ELEVATE for Couples Elevate is a couples education curriculum that blends practical skills with an understanding of the physiology of human interaction to enhance healthy relationship knowledge and skills.
NERMEN We support Extension educators and professional partners who are working with youth and adults to enrich couple relationships.
UGA College of Family and Consumer Sciences Learn more about the College of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Georgia.
PREPARE is a research-based program designed to help couples build a stronger and happier marriage. The program consists of at least six 2-hour sessions that focus on (1) your strengths/growing areas; (2) communication; (3) managing conflict; (4) family life experiences; (5) financial plans and budgeting; and (6) setting goals. Participation in the PREPARE program requires that you and our partner complete an online inventory which will identify your strengths as a couple and areas of growth in a variety of areas that matter in healthy marriages. This information is then used to help facilitate discussion during each session.
- The National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Network
- The National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families
- The National Healthy Marriage Resource Center
- The National Stepfamily Resource Center
- The National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education
Farm Stress The 2023 Farm Stress Summit, held at Mercer University this week, brought together farmers, government officials, community leaders, health care specialists, university faculty and program staff from around the state to learn more about the unique stressors farm families experience and strategies for building a network of support.
Farm Stress Summit The 2023 Farm Stress Summit will be held in Macon, Georgia, March 20.
ELEVATE relationship education ELEVATE, a free relationship education program for couples in the state of Georgia, aims to help couples connect, have fun and develop skills that will strengthen their relationship.