UGA Extension helps families thrive with information for professionals and adults on fostering healthy couple relationships, positive parent-child relationships and the care of aging adults.
A Guide to Effective Programming Cultivating Healthy Couple and Marital Relationships: A Guide to Effective Programming is a resource developed by members from the NERMEN working group to share these best practice tips.
ELEVATE Couples Education Curricula An 8-hour couples education program including mindfulness practice activities.
ELEVATE Workshop for Couples Looking to elevate your relationship?
Healthy Relationship Education Training One day training providing information and tools to teach relationship skills.
The National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Model In an effort to guide RME programming, members of the NERMEN working group developed a model reflecting the key patterns of thinking and behaviors associated with healthy, stable couple relationships that can be taught in an educational setting.
- Time Management: 10 Strategies for Better Time Management (C 1042) Learn 10 strategies for better time management, including knowing how to spend your time, setting priorities, using planning tools, getting organized, scheduling, delegating, and avoiding procrastinat…
- When Your Income Drops Series: Taking Care of You and Your Family (C 1041-7) Dealing with the financial aspects of your situation is important. But it is equally important to deal with the psychological and emotional aspects that you and your family are experiencing. Gain insi…
- The National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Model: Core Teaching Concepts for Relationship and Marriage Enrichment Programming (HDFS-E-157) With both the demand and the need for broader offerings of RME, a large number of programs have been developed, presenting somewhat of a dilemma for practitioners who are interested in providing effec…
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Series: Moving Your Grandchildren into Your Home (C 1284-01) Raising your grandchildren can be both rewarding and challenging. The transition to this new relationship can be stressful for the entire family. While your grandchildren are getting used to a new hom…
ELEVATE for Couples Elevate is a couples education curriculum that blends practical skills with an understanding of the physiology of human interaction to enhance healthy relationship knowledge and skills.
NERMEN We support Extension educators and professional partners who are working with youth and adults to enrich couple relationships.
UGA College of Family and Consumer Sciences Learn more about the College of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Georgia.
PREPARE is a research-based program designed to help couples build a stronger and happier marriage. The program consists of at least six 2-hour sessions that focus on (1) your strengths/growing areas; (2) communication; (3) managing conflict; (4) family life experiences; (5) financial plans and budgeting; and (6) setting goals. Participation in the PREPARE program requires that you and our partner complete an online inventory which will identify your strengths as a couple and areas of growth in a variety of areas that matter in healthy marriages. This information is then used to help facilitate discussion during each session.
- The National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Network
- The National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families
- The National Healthy Marriage Resource Center
- The National Stepfamily Resource Center
- The National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education
2024 Farm Stress Summit UGA Extension will convene with producers, providers and supporting organizations in Jasper, Georgia, on March 20.
Farm Stress Farmers are tough. They work long days at physically demanding, often dangerous work and rarely get a break, much less a vacation.
Rural Stress Podcast Explore the heart of rural Georgia as we discuss the intersection of social work, agriculture and mental well-being in this episode of CAES' podcast, Cultivating Curiosity.