Master Gardener Extension Volunteers Local Scholarship
Paulding County Master Gardener Extension Volunteers Local Scholarship
Paulding County Cooperative Extension, Mailing Address: 530 West Memorial Drive, Dallas, Georgia 30132
I. I. Scholarship:
1. This Scholarship offered by the Paulding County Master Gardener Extension Volunteers is available to Paulding County residents that are incoming freshmen or students attending post-secondary accredited institutions.
II. Purpose of the Scholarship Program:
The Paulding County Master Gardener Extension Volunteer scholarship gives first consideration to students in the following fields of study: Agriculture, Horticulture, Landscaping, Forestry, Botany, Biology, and to Paulding County 4-H'ers and FFA participants. The total amount to be awarded will be administered by a scholarship committee.
III. Terms Under Which Scholarships Are Awarded:
1. The award will be issued in accordance with the rules set forth in the Paulding County Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Scholarship Guidelines and this application. The recipient is expected to attend a Master Gardener Event for a photo that can be used in future publicity.
2. Up to $1000 (depending upon Scholarship funds available) to be used for tuition and/or fees required for enrollment, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for course work in the chosen major at a post-secondary accredited institution.
3. It is the responsibility of the recipient to furnish any needed information (acceptance letters, proof of enrollment, for example) required for the disbursement of scholarship funds. The recipient should allow four weeks for processing and be aware of all local scholarship deadlines.
4. The recipient is expected to remain a student in good standing at the post-secondary institution. The Paulding County Master Gardener Extension Volunteers should be notified by the student immediately upon a status change. Grade reports or other data may be requested and must be submitted upon request. Failure to remain a student in good standing may endanger the receipt of the funds for the remaining balance.
5. In the event a student is unable to complete a quarter/semester at the post-secondary institution and must withdraw from school, written notification must be made to the Paulding County Extension office. Reasons for withdrawal must be clearly stated, as well as intentions for the future. The local scholarship committee reserves the right to request restitution of monies expended for the quarter/semester of withdrawal from the post-secondary institution.
6. Payment will be made to the student through the college/tech school’s Financial Aid office. If the recipient fails to correspond with or contact the committee for 6 months, he/she will forfeit all monies left in the scholarship. Local scholarship monies should be used within 1 year (by June 1 of the year following the award). Unused scholarship funds will be returned to the local scholarship fund.
7. The Paulding County Master Gardener Extension Volunteers reserve the right not to award this scholarship if no suitable applicant is found.
8. Failure to meet the application deadline will result in the applicant not being considered. Deadline for consideration: March 15, 2023 at 5 pm.
Scholarship Application Materials