4-H Events & Conferences
Below is information on events and conferences which we encourage our 4-H'er to participate in. This includes other links to explore too! We are looking forward to hearing about the ways your 4-H story emerges, so please share about how you are participating - we love pictures too!
Upcoming Events & Programs for Paulding County 4-H'ers
Apply to attend National 4-H Conference!
Deadline November 15 by 5pm (November 8th for Extension Staff to sign)
The conference dates are March 28th - April 2nd .
Each year, every Land Grant University 4-H Department is invited to select and send a delegation of high-school-aged 4-H’ers to Washington, DC, to participate in National 4-H Conference. Conference delegates engage in personal development experiences that increase their knowledge, resources, and skills while they discuss topics affecting youth and 4‑H programming nationwide. Delegates not only learn while at the conference: they are empowered to create positive social change in their communities and have the opportunity to practice and apply their skills in a real-world setting. 4-H’ers arrive at the National 4‑H Conference Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland, ready to connect, learn, engage, lead and impact their communities, their nation, and their world. They choose an important societal topic and, in round table groups, prepare a briefing. During the conference, the groups present their briefing to federal officials around the Washington, D.C. area.
National 4-H Conference Application Information
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Applications Due November 15, 2019 @ 5:00 PM
Finalists Announced November 26, 2019
Finalist Interviews December 14, 2019 @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center during Fall Forum
Delegates Announced December 14, 2019
National Conference March 28 - April 2, 2020 @ National 4-H Center in Chevy Chase, MD
PROCESS OVERVIEW AND AWARDS
· Four Georgia delegates will be selected to attend National 4-H Conference through a combination of applications and interviews. They will join the Leadership in Action state winners who opt to attend National Conference as part of their award.
· The four delegates who are selected via the application/interview process and who attend the conference will be eligible for Master 4-H status.
· 4-H will cover all expenses for the trip, except for transportation to and from the Atlanta Airport, meals on travel days, and one meal on Capitol Hill Day.
For more detailed information about National 4-H Conference, visit 4-h.org.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in 4-H and must be between ages 15 and 19 years old by January 1 of the conference year to compete for selection as a National 4-H Conference delegate.
- Applicants must not have attended National 4-H Conference previously.
- Submit applications from interested 15-19 year old 4-H'ers in your county by November 8, 2018 @ 5:00 PM.
- Select applicants, chosen on the basis of the application alone, will be invited to interview at Fall Forum as finalists. A list of those selected to interview will be posted on November 26, 2019.
- Finalists will be interviewed at 4-H Fall Forum on December 14. This is the only time when finalists can be interviewed.
- Delegates will be announced at Fall Forum and will be selected on basis of:
- 4-H project work
- 4-H leadership work
- Leadership activities in other fields
- Civic engagement activities
- Essay submitted with application
The total Application should be no more than six pages including:
- Contact Information Page
- 2 Pages of 4-H & Leadership Activities
- 2 to 3 Page Essay
- Application form is attached as a Word document that can and should be electronically completed and submitted (though, for signatures, you may have to print, sign, and scan). Find it and more info at georgia4h.org.
An editable MS Word application is available here. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Return your completed application by Friday, November 8 at 5 pm to email@example.com
December 14th - 15th , Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Fall Forum "#trending with Georgia 4-H" - Space is limited. Register by December 4th.
Be sure to visit our newsletter page too!
Other 4-H Info:
- Georgia 4-H Foundation Achievement Scholarships
- 4-H State Council
- Georgia 4-H State Congress
- Georgia National Fair
If you have additions or other suggestions about the information on this page, please contact Paulding County 4-H at paulding4H@uga.edu
Aug 2 - Oct 30 Paulding County T-shirt Order Show off your 4-H spirit with our 2021-2022 county t-shirt. Please complete the order form and mail or drop off your payment of cash or check to the Paulding County Extension Office located at 530 W Memorial Drive Dallas GA 30132. Please make checks payable to Paulding County 4-H. You may make a Visa/MasterCard payment in person or by phone at 770-443-7616. Our office hours are Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm, but note we are closed for lunch from 12 - 1 pm. NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE SCHOOLS! All t-shirts are adult sizes, small through XL $12, 2X and 5X are $14. Deadline for orders and payment is FRIDAY, October 29th at 5 pm. T-shirts will be delivered at club meetings or available for pick up in our office.
- Virtual Event
- Dallas, GA
Oct 25 Cotton Boll & Consumer Judging Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging is a competitive judging contest where 4-H’ers learn about cotton as an agriculture commodity in our state as well as to promote cotton through commercials or advertisements. 4-H’ers gain skills in making rational decisions when purchasing goods and services while maximizing resources.
- Dallas, GA
Nov 1 Cotton Boll & Consumer Judging Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging is a competitive judging contest where 4-H’ers learn about cotton as an agriculture commodity in our state as well as to promote cotton through commercials or advertisements. 4-H’ers gain skills in making rational decisions when purchasing goods and services while maximizing resources.
- Dallas, GA
Rock Eagle Chapel Nearly destroyed by fire in 2019, the Rock Eagle Chapel at the Rock Eagle 4-H Center was restored with the help of generous donations from supporters.
4-H Forestry The Georgia 4-H Forestry program teaches youth to identify up to 70 Georgia tree species, as well as common pests and diseases that impact those trees.
CAES Outreach CAES delegates from each of its three mission areas — research, instruction and Extension — will represent the college at the Georgia National Fair and the Sunbelt Ag Expo this month.