4-H Youth Development
Through 4-H, more than 1,000 young people in Madison County learn new skills and serve their communities each year. 4-H offers clubs, special interest programs, leadership skills development, summer camps, citizenship, school enrichment, after-school activities and FUN. Guided by UGA Extension Agents and adult and teen volunteers, 4-H'ers gain knowledge, skills and experience that help them become responsible citizens and leaders.
Going on tours, attending special programs and parties, raising and showing livestock, conducting community service activities, judging events, making things, and sharing what they have learned are some of the things your child can do in 4-H. Through their club experience, youth gain skills in decision making, public speaking, cooperation, and communication.
Call the Madison County Office at (706) 795-2281 to find out how you can be a part of one of the largest youth organizations.
4-H is open to all youth regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or disabilities.
4-H Livestock Shows
Madison County 4-H'ers can participate in state livestock show contests beginning in the 1st grade for lamb and goat and 3rd grade for all other livestock species. If your child is interested in participating in livestock shows, please contact the Extension office for more information.
- Georgia 4-H Livestock Show Calendar
- Georgia Ag Education Livestock Calendar
- Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Website
- Gwinnett County Fair Website
- Georgia National Fair Website
4-H Judging Events
Georgia 4-H Poultry Judging Videos
- Complete List of Videos on YouTube
- Class A & B - Past Egg Production
- Class C - Ready to Cook Carcasses
- Class G - Exterior Quality
- Class H - Broken-out Egg Quality
- Class I - Interior Egg Quality
- Class K - Parts Identification
Power Point Presentations/Additional Resources
- Judging Overview (9MB download)
- Egg parts and broken out
- Poultry Judging Interior Egg Quality (7MB download)
- Judging Live Birds (34MB download)
- Poultry Judging Parts Identification (7MB download)
- Poultry Judging Ready-To-Cook Carcasses (10MB download)
- UGA Poultry Science broken-out quality egg flash cards
- Poultry Judging informational website
- Jeopardy Egg Quality
- Jeopardy Ready to Cook and Part
Cotton Bowl/Consumer Judging
(Shooting Awareness, Fun, and Education)
Cowboys and Angels 4-H Equestrian Drill Team