We provide testing for:
Several services are offered through the Madison County Extension Office.
- Soil Testing
- Water Testing
- Feed & Forage Testing
- Seed Germination (Sent to Georgia Department of Agriculture Laboratory)
- Weed Identification*
- Insect Identification*
- Plant/Crop Diseases*
- Turfgrass Diseases*
- Tree Disorders*
- Plant Identification*
(an * denotes services that are usually free of charge)
Publications on our testing services:
Soil Testing -
- Routine Soil Test - $8 (pH, fertility recommendations)
- Organic Matter - $10
- Other tests available upon request. Contact our office for more information.
Here's a video with Walter Reeves describing the benefits and basics of soil testing.
Water Testing -
- Basic-$22.00 (Water Hardness, pH, minerals)
- Bacteria-$38.00 (Total Coliform & E. Coli)
- N03 (Nitrate)- $12.00
- N02 (Nitrite) - $12.00
- Lead- $42.00
- Home Loan Closing-$90
Other tests available upon request. Contact our office for more information.
Please contact the Extension office at (706) 795-2281 prior to submitting water samples to insure proper sampling protocols are met.
Forage Testing -
- F2 (Crude Protein, Total Digestible Nutrition, Relative Forage Quality (RFQ), & Nitrate) - $22.00
- F14 (Nitrate only) - $13.00
Other testing services:
Plant Tissue -
- Plant Tissue Nutrient Testing- $26.00 (Used to troubleshoot crop production issues)
Pathology Analysis (Disease Identification) -
These samples are submitted to the UGA Plant Pathology Clinic.
- Homeowner Samples - $10.00
- Commercial Samples - Free
Soil & Water Pesticide/Trace Analysis -
Our lab can determine possible pesticide or heavy metal contamination, these tests are expensive (~$100 per test), and you need to have some idea of what pesticide or heavy metal you're testing for.