UGA Extension offers information and programs for professionals, parents and other caregivers on the developmental needs of, and healthy strategies to care for, infants, toddlers and young children.
Child Care Provider Training Entity-approved trainings to child care providers to help meet state licensing requirements.
Healthy Relationship Education Training One day training providing information and tools to teach relationship skills.
PUT IT UP! Food Preservation for Youth A series of lessons on the science of safe food preservation.
School Garden Curriculum Garden-based lessons listed by grade level on earth science, life science, and physical science topics.
The Science Behind Our Food Lesson Plans Applied science curriculum in biology, chemistry, physical science and other subjects.
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Role of Music (C 1053-06) Children who grow up listening to music develop strong music-related connections in the brain. Some of these music pathways actually affect the way we think. Listening to classical music seems to impr…
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Basics (C 1053-01) From the moment a baby is born, every experience taken in by the five senses helps strengthen the connections that guide development. No two brains are alike! Each child's brain creates individual pat…
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Prime Times for Learning (C 1053-02) Research in brain development shows there are certain windows of opportunity, known as sensitive periods, when certain parts of the brain develop most quickly. These windows are prime times for learni…
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Parents Can Do (C 1053-03) All parents want their children to be smart and successful. Researchers have found that a child's brain continues to develop long after birth. Parents can do many things to support their child's healt…
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Child Care Can Do (C 1053-04) Child care providers play an important role in nurturing children's healthy brain development. When it comes to supporting healthy brain development, the type of child care is less important than the …
Child Care Quality Matters An interactive resource for parents looking for child care. The site answers some key questions about high-quality child care, and includes an interactive guide to help you find the types of child care programs that best meet your family's needs.
Early Childhood Development and Child Care Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to early childhood development and childcare.
CAES Hot Topics: Health and Nutrition A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
Impact Statements: Childhood Development Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge and practices related to childhood development.
Impact Statements: Adolescent Development Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge and practices related to adolescent development.
Teen Development Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to youth and adolescent development.
UGA College of Family and Consumer Sciences Learn more about the College of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Georgia.
Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning Bright from the Start administers the nationally recognized Georgia Pre-K Program, licenses child care centers and home-based child care, administers federal nutrition programs, and manages voluntary quality enhancement programs.
Georgia Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies A non-profit membership organization composed of six regional Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) serving the state of Georgia.
Georgia Association on Young Children Encourages and supports healthy development in young children by working with others to increase public awareness of the importance of early childhood education, and to improve the quality of programs for young children through learning opportunities for early childhood educators.
National Association for the Education of Young Children NAEYC and its members are a leading voice for early childhood education to Congress and other federal entities, governors and state legislatures, state and local agencies, and other policy makers throughout the country.
National Head Start Association An organization advocating for early education for vulnerable children and families.
Children, Youth, and Families Education and Research Network Practical, research-based information about children and families from U.S. universities.
Georgia Family Connection Partnership An organization sharing research and information about building strong families.
Forestry Skills Coweta County team, Oconee County's Kalani Washington win top honors.
A Colorful Life Metter High School student learns leadership skills by organizing 4-H community service project.
Golden Radish Fayette County Public Schools and Fayette County UGA Extension recognized for partnership.