UGA Extension aims to provide unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives through maintaining a nutritious and active lifestyle.
Cooking for a Life Time Cancer Prevention Cooking School Cooking curriculum teaching how to reduce risk for cancer through healthy food choices and physical activity.
Eat Healthy, Be Active Teaches children key nutrition and physical activity concepts.
Rite Bite Diabetes Cooking School A curriculum for teaching meal planning and food preparation skills.
School Garden Curriculum Garden-based lessons listed by grade level on earth science, life science, and physical science topics.
SNAP-Education Learn how to eat more healthfully, feed your family on a budget, and keep your food safe.
The Science Behind Our Food Lesson Plans Applied science curriculum in biology, chemistry, physical science and other subjects.
Walk-a-Weigh An award winning weight control program including physical activity and a healthy food demonstration.
- Time Management: 10 Strategies for Better Time Management (C 1042) Learn 10 strategies for better time management, including knowing how to spend your time, setting priorities, using planning tools, getting organized, scheduling, delegating, and avoiding procrastinat…
- When Your Income Drops Series: Taking Care of You and Your Family (C 1041-7) Dealing with the financial aspects of your situation is important. But it is equally important to deal with the psychological and emotional aspects that you and your family are experiencing. Gain insi…
- Home & Garden Georgia Pest Management Handbook Series: Public Health Insect Control Outdoors and Parasites of Humans (SB 48-08) This section of the Home & Garden Edition covers pests of public health concern such as mosquitoes, bed bugs, gnats, fleas and ticks, house flies, lice, and more. Beginning in 2022, the Home & Garden …
- Common Labels and Certifications Used to Market Sustainable Agriculture Products (C 1129) Label terms and certifications can be divided into those that are regulated and those that are unregulated. Regulated label terms and certifications are usually defined by the United States Department…
Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
FoodTalk.org Recipes, cooking videos, educational games and lessons, and plenty of resources to help you make healthy food and physical activity choices for your whole family as well as Online and Instructor Lead Learning as part of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education.
FCS Nutrition and Health Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
UGA Department of Food Science and Technology Learn more about the food science and technology department at the UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
The American Cancer Society The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
The American Diabetes Association Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
The Centers for Disease Control CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.
Body Weight Planner Enter your starting information, including your weight, sex, age, height, and physical activity level.
MyPlate Remember the food pyramid? Meet MyPlate, the official symbol of the five food groups. Learn how to make MyPlate work for you.
Only use these menus after getting the OK from your health provider.
Down Home Diabetes Menus
- 1200 Calories (PDF)
- 1500 Calories (PDF)
- 1800 Calories (PDF)
- 2000 Calories (PDF)
- 2200 Calories (PDF)
- 2200 Calories for Gestational Diabetes (PDF)
- Recipes for Pre-Made Menus (PDF)
2024 Farm Stress Summit UGA Extension will convene with producers, providers and supporting organizations in Jasper, Georgia, on March 20.
Food Insecurity Early on a cold November morning, dozens of people sort and pack fresh produce into hundreds of bags in a flurry of activity, preparing for delivery later in the day.
Emergency Preparedness When disasters strike, navigating the milieu of steps to recover and rebuild can be difficult. With a presence in all 159 Georgia counties, University of Georgia Cooperative Extension is uniquely positioned to help communities prepare for and rebound from calamity.