Cloverleaf Project Achievement
This competition is for 5th and 6th grade students. Students choose a topic from the project list and present an illustrated demonstration (speech). Speeches should be 4 to 6 minutes in length and use posters or other visuals to emphasize key points. Please note exception to speech (Performing Arts, food labs, creative stitchery) listed on the Cloverleaf Project list.
- Cloverleaf Project list
- Parent Guide to Project Achievement
- Tips to prepare for Cloverleaf Project Achievement
- How to make a poster carrier
- 4-H Friends magazine on Project Achievement
- Sample Cloverleaf project presentation - Georgia 4-H has provided 3 videos of Cloverleaf project presentations via SchoolTube. Sample presentations are: category Agriculture Awareness - Thank a Farm Worker, Craft category - Origami, and Health - Broken Bones.
County Project Achievement will be held at Clarke Middle School on a Saturday morning in January. Those who win at the county level are eligible to compete at the district competition held several weeks later. Students who will travel with us for district project achievement competition must submit the following completed forms:
Junior Project Achievement
Project Achievement for junior (7th and 8th grade) 4-H'ers is a two part competition - portfolio and speech. A portfolio is a 2 page document listing the activities in which the student has participated within the calendar year. The portfolio is worth 40% of the student's score. Students also present a 7-9 minute illustration demonstration about a topic of interest to them. (Exceptions - performing arts projects, food labs, and fashion review.) Demonstration value is 60% of total score.
Portfolios must be submitted to the 4-H office by the announced December due date each year. Students will then present their demonstrations at District Project Achievement at the Rock Eagle 4-H Center March 6-8, 2020.
Students will find the following information helpful to prepare for project achievement:
- Finding your way to Junior Project Achievement
- Junior project list
- Junior recipes for food lab categories
- Portfolio guidelines
- Junior portfolio outline
- Junior portfolio cover
Senior Project Achievement
Project Achievement for senior (high school) 4-H'ers is also a two part competition. For seniors each component is valued at 50% of total score. Senior district competition will be at Rock Eagle 4-H Center March 6-8, 2020. Senior 4-H'ers who win at the district project achievement will advance to State 4-H Congress in July.
- Senior Project list
- Finding your way to Senior Project Achievement
- Food Lab Resources
- Senior Portfolio Cover