Urban agriculture refers to the production, processing, and distribution of agricultural products in a town, city, village, or suburb. As more people realize the health and economic benefits of gardening, food preservation, and other activities, interest in urban agriculture will continue to increase.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Safety for Hispanic Landscape Workers
- Landscape Basics: Crop Rotation and Cultural Practices Help Reduce Diseases in Seasonal Color Beds
- Landscape Basics: Success with Herbaceous Perennials
- Landscape Basics: Designing a Quality Control Program for Your Company
- Safety Checklists for New Landscape Employees
- Fertilizer Injectors: Selection, Maintenance and Calibration
- Water Quality Series: Urban Storm Water Management in Georgia
- Water-wise Landscape Guide for the Georgia Piedmont
- Georgia Pest Management Handbook—Homeowner Edition
- Planting Your Bare-Root Fruit Tree
- Choosing a Landscape Irrigation Contractor
- Using Cover Crops in the Home Garden
- Beneficial Insects, Spiders, and Mites in the Southeast
- Troubleshooting Vegetable Production Problems in the Southeast
- Conservation and Best Management Practices in Georgia: Implementing, Funding and Assistance
- Grasscycling: Let the Clippings Fall Where They May
- Chainsaw Safety Tips
- Community and School Gardens Series: Raised Garden Bed Dimensions
- Community and School Gardens Series: Raised Bed Materials
- Community and School Gardens Series: Garden Sheds
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Tiny fungi can weaken roots and kill trees
- September was drier than normal despite month-ending rain
- UGA breaks ground on new turfgrass research and education facilities
- Human landscapes can offer safety to imperiled pollinators
- UGA offers latest in research and outreach at 2015 Georgia Organic Conference.
- CAES graduate responsible for state seals in Sunbelt Expo Spotlight State Building
- UGA School Garden Curriculum Resource Center helps teachers makes the most of their school gardens
- Once established, wildflowers add to landscape, feed beneficial pollinators
- UGA School Garden Curriculum Resource Center helps teachers use school gardens
- Largest mushroom species in the Western Hemisphere spotted in Georgia
- Georgia Center for Urban Agriculture
Features an extensive catalog of single-issue factsheets, landscape alerts, landscape safety training videos in English and Spanish, certification for landscapers or plant professionals plus industry and Extension agent connections.
- Georgians Pledge to Conserve Landscape Water
- Impact Statements: Urban Agriculture
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to urban agriculture.
- Georgia Urban Agriculture Council
Advocate for the state's urban agriculture industry identifies pressing concerns and provides outdoor water use documents, news and links.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- Georgia Organics' Urban Agriculture Training Program
Program runs February through November and requires 10 hours of volunteering at urban sites per month when on-site training occurs.