Bulletins & Resources
Recalls, Alerts & Outbreaks
There have been many recalls for food items in the news lately, and some announcements of outbreaks from food borne illness in parts of the country. Below you will find links to the FDA and the CDC. Please refer to these websites to find updated information on recalls and outbreaks.
- FDA - Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- FDA - Alerts, Advisories & Safety Information
- CDC - Current Outbreaks
- Healthy Recipes Resources provides recipes and information about heart disease, cancer prevention, diabetes, brain health, and arthritis.
- MyPlate "Spring" into the new season with a variety of tools and resources to help you find a healthy eating style that works at any age.
- Consumer's Guide Food storage for safety and quality.
- Preserving Food at Home Get ready now for the summer harvest.
- Consejos de Seguridad Alimentaria ¡Siga las siguientes recomendaciones para prevenir intoxicaciones alimentarias y asegurar comidas deliciosas!
- The National Center for Home Food Preservation is your source for current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food preservation.
- Food Safety Cucumbers and Peppers
- Emergency Food Storage Prepare for the unknown by making a plan, includng properly storing nutritional shelf-stable food.
- Preserve Smart Confidently preserve food at your elevation with guidance from Colorado State University Extension.
- Food e-Talk Recipes, food preservation and safety, meal budgeting tips, and online learning.
- Thanksgiving, Turkey and Kitchen Resources
- Healthier Holidays, Recipes & Garden Calendar
- Household Chemical Hazards Common cleaning products that are safe when used alone, can be dangerous when combined and pose a serious risk to your health.
- Top ten rules for safe buffets
- A clean kitchen will help prevent the spread of bacteria
- American Red Cross
- Holiday Gift Resources
- So Easy To Preserve Video canning tutorials.
- Preserving Food: Sensational Salsas
- Cottage Foods: Frequently Asked Questions
Outreach, Extension and Public Service
Research-based information you can trust on money, home, health, food, family, and textiles. Our agent, Inés Beltrán, will be happy to assist you in any of these areas. Give her a call at 678.377.4014.
Best Practices for Growing, Harvesting, and Handling Produce in the Field and the Packinghouse. A forty-seven page illustrated training guide that details how food may become contaminated in the supply chain and methods food workers can use to prevent food-borne illness. Free upon request. Contact Inés Beltrán at 678.377.4014. Sample.
Mejores Prácticas de Cultivo, Coshecha y Manejo de Productos Agrícolas en el Campo y en la Empacadora. Una guía de entrenamiento ilustrada de cuarenta y siete páginas que detalla cómo los alimentos pueden contaminarse en la cadena de suministro y los métodos que los trabajadores de alimentos pueden usar para prevenir enfermedades transmitidas por los alimentos. Gratis bajo petición. Póngase en contacto con Inés Beltrán al 678.377.4014. Muestra.
Events and Classes
Visit our Events and Classes page for Family and Consumer Sciences learning opportunities!
- At risk for foodborne in older adults
- Does breakfast matter
- Embrace your health
- Equipping the healthy kitchen
- Food labeling
- Getting to the top with physical activity
- Give your immune system a boost
- Nine techniques to cut vegetables
- Planning for the unexpected
- Quick and easy recipes
- Sanitizing solution Preparation
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Broccoli Salad
- Cauliflower Rice
- Chicken Salad
- Confetti Bean Salad
- Festive Tuna Salad
- Flavored Water
- Hearty Veggie Soup
- Herb Salad
- Italian Vegetable Salad
- Zucchini Bread
- Simple Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Pie vs Pecan Pie
- UGA Extension COVID-19 Resources
- Making Masks at Home for Everyday Use
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Use Una Cubierta de Tela Para Cara Para Ayudar a Desacelerar la Propagación del COVID-19
- COVID-19 Scams
- Shopping and Handling Groceries
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Reusable Bags
- Community Garden COVID-19 Guidelines
- COVID-19: Seguridad de Alimentos
- Clean and Disinfect Your Household
- Making Ends Meet During COVID-19