Horse Club & Competitive Judging
4-H Horse Club
Our Horse Club meets once a month from September thru May. Join us for fun and knowledge about horses.
- About Horse Club and How to Join
- Horse Club Enrollment Form / Inscripción para el Club Horse
- Horse Club Newsletter
For more Horse Club Information contact Ms. Pam Bloch, or 678.377.4025.
4-H Competitive Judging Teams
Can you imagine yourself standing up and giving reasons why you chose one product over another, or picked one egg over another, and know your trees when you go out in the forest? Join our judging teams here in Gwinnett and meet new friends, go on field trips, and compete for awards that you will be proud to share with family and friends. Here are the judging teams that Gwinnett offers:
- Consumer Judging - Compare the quality and price of items to make a wise consumer choice for a given situation. Practices for this competitive event begin in early October to prepare for the competition in November. Students meet weekly at the 4-H office to learn about the items, situations, and how to give an oral justification for their comparison.
- Poultry Judging - Examine and grade eggs for exterior quality, as well as broken-out and candling for internal quality. Students will learn to identify the butcher cuts of ready-to-cook poultry as well as how to grade meats. Students learn to identify the physical characteristics that indicate a hen is a quality egg producer. Practices for this April competition begin in March.
- Forestry Judging - Learn about one of Georgia's most valuable resources: teees. Participants will be able to identify trees, insects, and diseases. They also participate in compass and pacing activities to learn how to estimate volume of timber harvest. Workshops are held throughout the summer for this September competition.
For more Competitive Judging Teams information contact Ms. Barb Larson at 678.377.4017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.