4-H News & Updates
Your Source for 4-H News, Program Highlights, and Information.
At this time, Georgia 4-H has decided to cancel all face to face activities for the months of June and July including summer camp.
- June 15 - State 4-H Virtual Horse Educational Contests-Painting, Drawing, Essay, Photo, Individual Demonstration and Public Speaking - Cloverleaf, Junior, & Senior (entry deadline is June 15 at 12 noon)
- June 26-28 - State 4-H Council, Dean’s Award Interviews, Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging Certified Coach Training, Wildlife Judging Certified Coach Training, and Forestry Judging Certified Coach Training, and the Master 4-H Club Banquet have been postponed or will move to a virtual format.
- June 29 - Overnight summer camping programs are cancelled for June & July, 2020
- July 7-11 - State 4-H Horse Show has been cancelled
- July 21-24 - State 4-H Congress has been postponed
The following events have been updated:
- June 28- State 4-H Council at Rock Eagle
- July 11- State 4-H Horse Show Educational Contest Online
- July 11- State 4-H Horse Show at Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter
- July 24- State 4-H Congress in Atlanta, Georgia
- Camp Dates:
- June 5 - Camp Deposit Due
- June 22 - Final Camp Payments Due
- July 6 - July 10;
- Wilderness Challenge at Wahsega 4-H Center
- Senior Extreme at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- July 13 - July 17;
- Marine Resource at Tybee 4-H Center
- Junior Camp at Fortson 4-H Center
- July 27 - July 31;
- Senior Camp at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
The Georgia 4-H Senior Conference, Northeast/Northwest Junior Rally for 6th-8th grades, Southeast Junior Spring Conference for 6th -8th grades, Clovers and Company Performance in Dodge County, the Communications & Technology Team Retreat, and the Southwest Clover Jam Conference for 5th -7th Grades have been cancelled.
The State 4-H Hippology Contest and State 4-H Horse Judging Contest has been postponed and will be held in Perry, GA, in conjunction with the State 4-H Horse show on June 10, 2020.
All area BB and Modified Trap Qualification Contests have been cancelled. All state-level Project SAFE contests that were scheduled before May 8th have been postponed. The State Modified Trap contest and the State Trap, Skeet & Sporting Clays Match remain on the calendar, but may be postponed depending upon the status of the COVID-19 impact.
The Douglas County 4-H Club will be suspending all 4-H activities until further notice. During this time, continue to exercise social distancing and adhere to the recommendations of local and state officials.
This Week April 19th-25th, We Honor Outstanding Georgia 4-H Volunteers Who Contribute to Making the Best Better in More Ways Than One. #TrueLeaders #HeroInGreen #InspireWhoIsNext #4HGrowsHere
What is your favorite memory as a volunteer? Share how you have pledged your Head, Heart, Hands,and H ealth to building a brighter future for Georgia's youth.
Congratulation to our First Place Winners Laila Cochran & Serenity McAlexander on a Job Well Done!
Join Us In Celebrating Georgia 4-H Spirit Week By Following Along With Our Daily Activities. Upload your post to your social media and our FACEBOOK PAGE with The Hashtag #Ga4hspiritweek. We Are Looking Forward To Seeing Everyone's 4-H Spirit!
4-H District Project Achievement was canceled for Saturday, March 21st, 2020, so we are inviting you to join us as we have an opportunity for you to virtually present your 4-H project online. Your family member can video you giving your 4-H presentation, and we will post them here on our website and on our Facebook page. As a reminder, the time limit for your 4-H presentation is 6 minutes. We look forward to seeing your projects!