Pollinators are essential for food production and every school food garden needs to also have a pollinator garden. Pollinator gardens can assist in teaching subjects such entomology, horticulture, geography (insect migration) and literature. Have your students compose a haiku to thank the pollinators!
Have your classroom be a part of the Great Georgia Pollinator Census taking place August 23rd and 24th, 2019. For more information visit GGaPC.org.
The movie "The Flight of the Butterflies" is an excellent documentary on the monarch butterflies migration to Mexico.
- The Eco-Friendly Garden: Attracting Pollinators, Beneficial Insects and Other Natural Predators
- The Xerces Society Plant Lists
- Pollinator Partnership
- Pollinator Spaces Project
- Teacher Training Web Seminars
- Monarch Watch
- Creating a Pollinator Garden
- Creating Bee Boxes to Help Native Bees
- You Tube of Creating a Butterfly Puddle with Walter Reeves
- Have your garden listed on the Rosalynn Carter Butterfly Trail
- Have your garden become a Monarch WayStation