Becoming a 4-H Member
What is 4-H?
As a program of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Cooperative Extension System, we extend lifelong learning to the people of Georgia through unbiased, research based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families. 4-H is an educational program focusing on leadership, citizenship, public speaking and life skills.
The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to come self directing, productive and contributing members of society.
Simply, 4-H is a world in which youth and adults learn, grow, and work together as catalysts for positive change! Exploring and discovering, encouraging and challenging, that’s what 4-H is all about!
Who can join?
4-H Age Divisions
- Cloverbuds (or pre-club) are youth in Kindergarten through 3rd grade.
- Cloverleaf 4-H'ers are youth in 4th through 6th grade.
- Junior 4-H'ers are youth in 7th and 8th grade.
- Senior 4-H'ers are youth in 9th through 12th grade.
- Homeschoolers are youth in 1st through 12th grade (with the exception of only 4th through 12th grade being able to participate in 4-H competitions).
Georgia 4-H Focus Areas
In - School Programming
After - School Programming
4-H Programs & Activities
- Summer camps offer 4-H’ers great adventure, friendship and fun, and develops camper independence.
- 4-H’ers explore their interests, unleash their creativity, share their work, and celebrate learning through Project Achievement
- 4-H’ers have the opportunity to participate in a number of statewide conferences held throughout the year such as Fall Forum
- Other activities include Project S.A.F.E, Livestock Show Teams, Horse Club, various contests, and more!
- Air Rifle
- Horse Club
- Livestock Show Teams (indicate market hogs, heifers, goats, lambs, beef, does, dairy, ewes)
- Sporting Clays
- Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging
- Community Service
- BB Gun Team
- Judging Teams (indicate Poultry, Wildlife, Dairy, Horse, Livestock, Land)
- Watermelon Growing Contest
- Dean's Awards
- Forestry Field Day
- Pantry Pride Recipe Contest
- STEM, Healthy Living, 4-H Issue or Pollinator Ambassadors
- 4-H Day at the Capitol
- Pumping Growing Contest
- Marine Resources Camp
- Clovers & Co. Performing Arts Group
- MilkMake Recipe Contest
- Upcycle Challenge
- Step Up and Lead
- Chicken Barbecue Demo Contest
- Fall Forum
- Beekeeping Essay
- Dairy Month Poster Contest
- Zoom into Science
- Photo Contests
- Wilderness Challenge Camp
- Egg Prep. Demo.
- 4-H Senior Wall
- 4-H Day at UGA Basketball or Football Game
- 4-H Camp (Cloverleaf, Junior & Senior/Senior Extreme)
- 4-H Night at Atlanta Braves
- AgTastic Adventures
- River of Words Poetry and Art Contest
- Military Leadership Summits
- State 4-H Council
- Mission Make It (Engineering Challenge at Rock Eagle with STEM related activities)
- Technology Team
- Turkey Barbecue Contest
- Quiz Bowl
- Upcycle Challenge