Lamar County Extension
is located in beautiful Barnesville, Georgia, Home of the famous Buggy Days. We are here to serve the residents and farmers of Lamar County. We host the 4-H organization which is available to students from the 3rd through 12th grades. The Extension office offers soil and water testing as well as other diagnostic services. We also have information about Family and Consumer Science.
Please stop by and let us serve you. Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. till noon and 1:00 p.m. till 5:00 p.m.
- Barnesville Lamar County Chamber of Commerce
- Gordon State College
- The Herald Gazette Weekly Newspaper
Some of our most popular services include:
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Soil Testing Services
- 4-H Youth Development
- Summer Camps
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Published 1/30/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More