Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join Houston County 4-H?
- All youth, grades 4-12, residing or attending school in Houston County may join 4-H.
- Any person, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, or disability may enroll as a 4-H member.
- Activities and events available to youth vary by grade.
Is there a cost to join? Does 4-H have a uniform?
- 4-H does not charge dues or require uniforms. However, there are fees and dress associated with certain events and programs.
How do I join Houston County 4-H?
- Complete a 4-H Enrollment Form and return to your Houston County Extension Office.
- Register for the event you'd like to attend or contact us if you are interested in attending a club meeting.
What types of programs and activities are offered in 4-H?
- 4-H offers a wide variety of programs including citizenship, leadership, healthy living, and STEM. You can see a list of our program areas here.
Does Houston County 4-H have summer programs?
- Yes! We have both day and overnight summer camp programs.
Where are 4-H activities held in Houston County?
- We offer a variety of programs across Houston County both at our county facilitie and at other locations in partnerships with community organizations. We partners with schools, libraries, farmers markets, farms, nonprofit organizations, and more to provide youth programming in cities and neighborhoods across the county. Not sure where your closest 4-H activity is located? Contact us for help locating 4-H programs in your neighborhood.
How can my organization partner with 4-H?
- Houston County 4-H partners with schools, libraries, and other community organizations to provide research-based, hands-on youth development programming. Please contact us if you are interested in partnering with us.
- Learn more about our school enrichment programs here.
How can I volunteer with Houston County 4-H?
- Volunteers are vital for us to extend our reach and 4-H programming to all youth in Houston County. Please see our volunteer page for more information about becoming a 4-H volunteer.
Is Houston County 4-H on social media?
Yes! You can follow UGA Extension Houston County for updates and announcements on Facebook and Instagram.