What is EFNEP About?
Our mission is to help families eat better for Less!!!
EFNEP offers a series of nutrition sessions called "FOOD TALK".
- Learn how to make healthy, quick, and inexpensive meals for your family.
- Taste different recipes at each session!
- Participate in all 8 sessions and receive a certificate of completion as well as our famous MEALS in MINUTES cookbook!!
- There is absolutely NO CHARGE for you to participate!
Make Meals in Minutes
Makes 3 servings, 1 ½ cup each
You will need:
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon zesty salt-free seasoning
- 1 ½ cups frozen broccoli pieces
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded yellow cheese made from 2% milk
- 6 -9 oz. canned chicken, drained
- In 10” non-stick skillet, heat water until it boils.
- Add seasoning and broccoli.
- Cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until water comes to a boil again.
- Break up any large pieces of broccoli.
- Add instant rice and stir well.
- Cover and remove pan from heat and let stand 3 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and yogurt and stir well.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to rice and stir.
- Add half of cheese and all of the drained chicken. Stir.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Heat on medium for 2-3 minutes until mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.