What is EFNEP About?
Our mission is to help families eat better for Less!!!
EFNEP offers a series of nutrition sessions called "FOOD TALK".
- Learn how to make healthy, quick, and inexpensive meals for your family.
- Taste different recipes at each session!
- Participate in all 8 sessions and receive a certificate of completion as well as our famous MEALS in MINUTES cookbook!!
- There is absolutely NO CHARGE for you to participate!
Make Meals in Minutes
Makes 3 servings, 1 ½ cup each
You will need:
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon zesty salt-free seasoning
- 1 ½ cups frozen broccoli pieces
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded yellow cheese made from 2% milk
- 6 -9 oz. canned chicken, drained
- In 10” non-stick skillet, heat water until it boils.
- Add seasoning and broccoli.
- Cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until water comes to a boil again.
- Break up any large pieces of broccoli.
- Add instant rice and stir well.
- Cover and remove pan from heat and let stand 3 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and yogurt and stir well.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to rice and stir.
- Add half of cheese and all of the drained chicken. Stir.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Heat on medium for 2-3 minutes until mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
Tips for keeping food safe!
Recipes and other great ideas!
Helpful information on nutrition and food safety.
Email Our Office for more information on our EFNEP Program