Family & Consumer Sciences
WHAT WE DO!
Family & Consumer Sciences (FACS) Extension Agents offer unbiased, research-based solutions and up to date knowledge on a variety of topics including:
- Safe, Healthy, and Affordable Housing Environments
- Food Safety
- Nutrition and Health
- Economic Well Being for Individuals and Families
- Positive Development for Individuals, Families, and Communities
FACS Agents also partner with other agencies and employers to boost economic development by educating our present and future work force. Examples include:
- Health education and chronic disease prevention
- Required food safety training for employees and managers. Required child care provider trainings.
- Life skills education such as managing finances balancing work and family responsibilities.