We provide Georgia's foodservice industry with food safety training using the National and Georgia Restaurant Associations ServSafe® program.
Extension has been offering ServSafe® manager and employee (Food Handler) certification programs throughout the state since 1997. The ServSafe® Manager Exam is a very detailed 90-question multiple choice test. Examinees must score a 70% to obtain ServSafe® Manager Certification. We can also provide ServSafe® Food Handler training.
Each two-day course offered includes the course instruction by a certified ServSafe® instructor and proctor, an updated ServSafe® Manager book, certification exam and light refreshments.
The 2023 schedule is as follows:
April 25 - 26, 8:30am to 3:30pm
July 11 - 12, 8:30am to 3:30pm
October 17 - 18 (tentative), 8:30am to 3:30pm
Register Today! The fee for this class is $150. You must pay the $150 fee two weeks before the class date or a late fee of $15 will be added.
Alternative Certification Options:
- In-Person Exam: $70 – If you need to retake the exam, schedule an exam session with Clayton County FACS Agent, Diandria Barber. The exam can be on paper or online depending on your preference.
- Class + In-Person Exam: $150 – If you already have the book, you can attend our two-day class with the in-person exam taken at the end of the class session.
- Book Self Study + In-Person Exam: $150 - Purchase ServSafe® Manager 7th Edition Book from our office, study at your own pace, and schedule an exam session with Clayton County FACS Agent, Diandria Barber. The exam can be on paper or online depending on your preference.
- Online ServSafe® Manager Course + In-Person Online Exam: $222.95 ($152.95 to ServSafe® + $70 Proctor Fee to Clayton Extension) – Purchase ServSafe® Manager Course and Exam Access Code through ServSafe.com, then schedule an online exam session with Clayton County FACS Agent, Diandria Barber. For more information, visit: https://www.servsafe.com/access/SS/Catalog/ProductDetail/SSMCT7X
- Completely Virtual: $179 - Purchase ServSafe® Manager Course, Exam, and online proctoring session through ServSafe.com and ProctorU. For more information, visit: https://www.servsafe.com/access/SS/Catalog/ProductDetail/SSMCT7XONLPROC