UGA Extension Office

Pesticide Licensing


UGA Cooperative Extension provides the educational resources, training programs, and materials needed to help both private and commercial pesticide applicators achieve certification. 

Obtaining a Pesticide Applicator License:

Private Pesticide Applicator licenses are required for producers of agricultural, horticultural, or forestry commodities who want to purchase or supervise the use of a Restricted-Use Pesticide (RUP) on their property or the property of their employer. For more information on obtaining a private license, click here.

Commerical Pesticide Applicator licenses are required if you want to buy, apply, or supervise any type of pesticide and do not quality as a private applicator. Additionally, if you charge a fee for your services, you must also obtain a pesticide contractor's license. In our local area, tests are offered each Tuesday afternnon through Central Georgia Technical College. For more inforatmion on preparing for and obtaining your commerical pesticide license, click here.

Maintaining a Pesticide Applicator License:

Once you acquire your pesticide license, continuing education (CEU) hours must be earned in order to maintain it. Requirements vary depending on license category.

To search for courses offering recertification CEU's, click here.  To check the status of your license and expiration date, visit this website.