News & Events
Subscribe/Unsubscribe to our Email Lists for Progam Announcements:
- Home & Garden (BARTOWGA-L)
- General Agriculture (BARTOWAG-L)
- Commercial Horticulture (BARTOWHORT-L)
- Equine Producer (BARTOWEQUINE-L)
- 4-H & Youth (BARTOW4H-L)
- Family & Consumer Science (BARTOWFACS-L)
Local Programs, News, and Events:
- Take The 40 Gallon Challenge: Pledge to Save Water Today!
- Cartersville Farmer's Market: Saturdays (8am - noon), May through September
- Euharlee Farmers Market: Tuesdays (2pm-6pm), May-September
- Adairsville Farmer's Market: Saturdays (8am-noon), June through August
- Upcoming Extension Programs Around Georgia
- ServSafe Certification Classes
- Lawn & Garden News Stories
- Growing & Mowing in Bartow County
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrtition Assistance Program) Education
- Soil Testing
- Water Testing
- Forage Testing
- Weed Identification
- Insect Identification
- Nematode Assays
- Plant Diseases
- Radon Testing
- Turfgrass Disorders
- Tree Disorders
- Wildlife Identification
- Plant Identification
For more information on Bartow County agriculture programs and testing services, visit the Agriculture & Natural Resources page.
Feb 11 - Feb 12 Project Achievement for 4-6th graders held in Floyd County 4-H Project Achievement event
- Rome, GA - (22.0 Miles)
Feb 11 - Feb 12 Project Achievement for 4-6th graders held in Newton County 4-H Project Achievement
- Covington, GA - (72.0 Miles)
Feb 16 Vegetable Production Meeting Union County Extension Annual Vegetable Production Meeting. This meeting is for vegetable farmers. Pesticide credits will be available for private and category 21. Topics to be covered will include vegetable varieties, insect management, and disease management. Please contact 706-439-6030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. Supper will be provided for those who RSVP. Meeting will be held in the Georgia Mountain Research and Education Center conference room.
- Blairsville, GA - (68.0 Miles)
Well Connected Communities Through Well Connected Communities, UGA Extension works to improve Georgian access to health care.
Borlaug Fellow Doctoral student Urtnasan Ganbaatar gains knowledge and insight into advanced genetic technologies used in wheat breeding.
Georgia's Golden Egg Slated for completion in fall 2023, the $54.1 million Poultry Science Building will be a centerpiece of the university’s recruitment effort for new talent in poultry science.