Agricultural Meetings: Monthly and Special Trainings
Morgan County Regularly Scheduled Extension Meetings:
- Morgan County Cattlemen's Association - Meets on a quarterly basis. Call Morgan County Extension office for news on the next meeting. Location: Bonner's Triple B Restaurant, Buckhead, GA. For more information call (706) 342-2214. RSVP requested for meal reservations.
- Morgan County Dairy Association - Please call Morgan County Extension Office for details on next meeting (706) 342-2214. Bonner's Triple B Restaurant, Buckhead, GA. RSVP requested for meal reservations by noon, Monday of the Meeting Date.
- Morgan County Row Crop Association - Meets on a quarterly schedule for details on next meeting details: Call (706) 342-2214. Location: Madison Chop House Grille, 202 S. Main St., Madison, GA 30650.
For more information about the above Association meetings, please call UGA Extension Morgan County, (706) 342-2214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
High Cotton Yields Georgia cotton growers are starting the 2023 season with a boost from near-record-breaking yields last year.
Reducing Food Waste Consumers hold high standards for fresh food, which farmers aim to meet, but hot summer temperatures and long-haul deliveries can degrade quality even before produce makes it into stores and shipment rejection is a familiar reality in the horticultural industry.
Freshwater Ecology Tiny but mighty, aquatic insects are responsible for many vital ecosystem processes that support fish, birds and humans.
Irrigation Demonstration The University of Georgia Griffin campus hosted its first training for a landscape company, Chatham Landscape, at its new irrigation demonstration site in April.
Micro Roses Roses are among the most popular flower throughout the year for many consumers, but the florist favorite faces a host of potential dangers between breeding and bouquet, including rose rosette disease, a mite-borne virus fatal to domestic roses.
Orkin Partnership The $500,000 endowment will support UGA Extension entomologist Daniel Suiter as Orkin Professor of Urban Entomology.
Jun 21 Lunch & Learn - Global Growers Bring your lunch and come learn with us! Lunch and Learns are free to attend, and no registration is required. This one will be held on June 21st from 12:00-1:00PM at the Rockdale County Extension Office. Come join us and hear Robin Chanin from Global Growers give a talk on everything Global Growers!
- Conyers, GA - (34.0 Miles)
Jun 23 Irrigation & Water Workshop Thank you for your interest in the following program! 2023 Irrigation & Water Workshop Friday June 23, 2023 | 9AM-1PM Richmond County Library 823 Telfair St, Augusta, GA Free to attend, lunch provided! Topics: Water-Wise Landscape Design Irrigation Systems & Equipment Water Quality for Irrigation Harvesting & Using Rainwater
- Augusta, GA - (86.0 Miles)