Agricultural Meetings: Monthly and Special Trainings
Special Topic and Training Meetings
Morgan County Regularly Scheduled Extension Meetings:
- Morgan County Cattlemen's Association - Meets on a quarterly basis. Call Morgan County Extension office for news on the next meeting. Location: Bonner's Triple B Restaurant, Buckhead, GA. For more information call (706) 342-2214. RSVP requested for meal reservations.
- Morgan County Dairy Association - Please call Morgan County Extension Office for details on next meeting (706) 342-2214. Bonner's Triple B Restaurant, Buckhead, GA. RSVP requested for meal reservations by noon, Monday of the Meeting Date.
- Morgan County Row Crop Association - Meets on a quarterly schedule for details on next meeting details: Call (706) 342-2214. Location: Madison Chop House Grille, 202 S. Main St., Madison, GA 30650.
For more information about the above Association meetings, please call UGA Extension Morgan County, (706) 342-2214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Farms Open House Athens-area residents familiar with driving past two University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences research farms will soon have the opportunity to go behind the scenes and learn more about CAES’ role in the future of farming.
Solitary Oak Leafminer Solitary oak leafminers leave irregular blotches on oaks, especially white oaks.
Land Steward Award The Land Steward Award was established by Georgia Organics to recognize those who have made substantial contributions to the organic agricultural movement in Georgia.
Trial Gardens Open House The public open house will give plant lovers a chance to scope out potential additions to their landscapes and to vote on their favorites for the People’s Choice Award.
2022-24 AGL Cohort From fruit producers to financial professionals, the newest cohort of the Advancing Georgia’s Leaders in Agriculture and Forestry (AGL) program has been chosen.
MyIPM Row Crops This year, farmers have a new tool to help them diagnose and combat pests and diseases in row crops.
Jun 25 Athens Area Sustainable Growers Summer Field Day The Athens Area Sustainable Growers Network supports local small farms using sustainable practices through researched based education and networking opportunities. Join us for our summer field day June 25, 2022. The field day will begin at The J. Phil Campbell Sr Research and Education Center with introductions and a chance to network with local food buyers. We will move to the University of Georgia Horticulture Farm to learn and practice practicle harvesting and food storage techniques. The field day will end with dinner and door prizes. Registration required by June 23, 2022. Register at the following link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/athens-area-sustainable-growers-farmer-field-day-tickets-347140676107
- Watkinsville, GA - (15.0 Miles)
Jun 29 Citizen Science Academy 2022 Learn about some of the most exciting citizen science projects through Citizen Science Academy! Spend the morning learning about the numerous opportunities and choose the project track that you would like to pursue in the afternoon. This program is perfect for teachers, homeschool coordinators and scientists of all ages. Project Tracks: - Georgia Adopt-A-Stream - Georgia DNR Things that Fly - Georgia Pollinator Census - And more! Why Citizen Science? - Citizen science helps researchers and scientists have a broader reach and data base. - Citizen science is an engaging way to collaborate with and give back to your community. - Citizen science is a way to bring classroom lessons to life and reinforce concepts.
- Griffin, GA - (52.0 Miles)