Agricultural Meetings: Monthly and Special Trainings
Morgan County Regularly Scheduled Extension Meetings:
- Morgan County Cattlemen's Association - Meets on a quarterly basis. Call Morgan County Extension office for news on the next meeting. Location: Bonner's Triple B Restaurant, Buckhead, GA. For more information call (706) 342-2214. RSVP requested for meal reservations.
- Morgan County Dairy Association - Please call Morgan County Extension Office for details on next meeting (706) 342-2214. Bonner's Triple B Restaurant, Buckhead, GA. RSVP requested for meal reservations by noon, Monday of the Meeting Date.
- Morgan County Row Crop Association - Meets on a quarterly schedule for details on next meeting details: Call (706) 342-2214. Location: Madison Chop House Grille, 202 S. Main St., Madison, GA 30650.
For more information about the above Association meetings, please call UGA Extension Morgan County, (706) 342-2214 or email email@example.com.
Bees in winter As temperatures drop, bees must change their behavior to survive the winter.
Irrigation Scheduling Technology In its first official year of data collection, UGA's AgWET program impacted more than 1,450 acres of row crops in Georgia, 300 acres of peanuts and 1,150 acres of cotton, and yielded an estimated water savings of over 100 million gallons of water.
Blueberry Quality Study seeks to identify possible causes for postharvest quality loss in rabbiteye blueberries.
Lawn Burrweed Control burrweed in your lawn at the beginning of the year to help prevent painful burrs in the summer.
Cold Protection Options Whether you’re a home gardener or a production farmer, Georgia’s mild climate allows for a variety of fruits and vegetables to be grown throughout the year.
Peanut Protectors A major source of concern for peanut producers is the presence of aflatoxin, a poisonous substance produced by the fungi Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus, which can cause significant economic losses.
Jan 26 Practice Livestock Judging Contest Oglethorpe and Greene County Extension offices will be hosting a practice youth livestock judging contest on January 26, 2023. Teams should arrive at the Greene County Extension office at 4pm with $10 per student. Checks should be made payable to Oglethorpe 4-H. RSVP is required to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greensboro, GA - (16.0 Miles)
Feb 2 Walk-a-Weigh Morning Session Ready to take care of your health in the new year? Join us! Walk-a-Weigh is an award-winning program offered by UGA Cooperative Extension. In just a few short weeks, you can learn the skills for permanent weight loss and health. The program is inexpensive, fun and effective. Just a few changes in your eating and activity habits can have a BIG IMPACT on your health and well-being for a lifetime. Each Walk-a-Weigh session will include a lesson on ways to control your weight, a taste-test of a healthy recipe, and time for the group to walk together. Each session is limited to 25 participants.
- Conyers, GA - (35.0 Miles)