4-H Youth Development
Morgan County Trifold Informational Brochure:
Required Forms for most 4-H activities/events
- Medical Information & Release (This 4-H form is turned-in for most 4-H events)
- Code of Conduct Form (This 4-H form is completed once a year)
- 4-H Annual Enrollment Card (This 4-H form is completed once a year. Select the one for your child's grade in school):
What's going on with Morgan County 4-H?
- 2019 Beef Futurity Entry deadline, June 14.
Upcoming Events: Call the Extension/4-H Office for more information on these events: 706-342-2214.
- Summer's Last Run For Fun, Saturday, June 20, 2019. Horse Fun Event with Barrels, flat classes, pole bending and fun classes. Ages: 10-Adult, Morgan County Ag Center, Madison, GA. For more details call the Morgan County Extension Office: 706-342-2214
- Kids in Kitchen: Cooking for Life, Wednesday, June 26 and Thursday, June 27, 2019, 9 am to 4 pm., Morgan County High School Culinary Arts Room, Cost: $75. Ages: Rising 4th through 7th grade. Do you love to cook? Want to improve your skills and try new recipes? This 2-day cooking school you will work Chef Chris Rountree and learn advance culinary skills, healthy food choices and have FUN! To Sign-up: Call Leigh Ann Aaron at Morgan County Extension: 706-342-2214.
- Broadway Basics, Tuesday, July 3, 2019. 9 am-2pm. If you are creative, love acting and enjoy musical theatre join us for our Broadway Basics Mini Camp at the Morgan County Elementary School Activity Room. This activity is for Rising 4th--6th grade students. Cost: $25.00 Lunch is provided.
- Southeast Dairy Youth Retreat, July 7-11, 2019, See flyer for more info: SEDY Retreat and for registration forms select this link: Registration forms for SEDY Retreat
- Junior Beef Futurity, July 11-13, 2019, GA National Fairgrounds & Agricenter, Perry, GA. For more information on the 2019 GA Jr. Beef Futurity please this link: https://georgia4h.org/programs/focus-areas/agriculture-stem/agriculture/livestock-and-animal-projects/additional-opportunities-by-species/ Beef/Futurity.
- 4-H Portfolio Workshop Day, July 16, 2019. Bring your laptop and calendar and get started on your 4-H Jr. or Sr. Portfolio for your DPA project. Free. 9 am-4pm.
- Mission Make-IT, The Georgia 4-H Engineering Challenge, Saturday, August 17, 2019, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, 10 am-4 pm. Cost: $5.00/person and includes lunch. . Mission Make-It is an exciting educational, non-competitive event for middle school students to engage in the engineering design process, teamwork, and critical thinking. Contact Morgan County 4-H, J. Woodard or S. Cagle for more information: 706-342-2214.
On this page
- Cloverleaf Robotics Club
- Horse Club
- Home School 4-H Club
- Judging Events:
- Junior/Senior 4-H Activities
- Knowledge Quiz Bowls: Diary, Horse
- State Congress
- State Council (9th-12th Grades)
- Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H
- Summer Camps--2019 Cloverleaf Camp will be held at Camp Burton, Tybee Island. See our Summer Camp Page for more info on 2019 Summer Camps!
- Discount Tickets to Six Flags
Cloverleaf 4-H Upcoming Activities (4-6 Grades)
All 4 through 6 grade Morgan County Students are encouraged to participate in Cloverleaf Activities plus most of the 4-H Educational and Competitive Events. These are often divided into grade-level for equal advantage.
Check Back Soon.
- An educational, fun club for home schoolers! Join our club meetings held at the Morgan County Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- Meeting Dates for 2018 - >
Next meeting: May 6, 2019, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Contact: Janet Woodard, 706-342-2214.
- Georgia 4-H Home Based Education Resources-
Georgia 4-H Centers schedule events specific for home based families to participate in activities for overnight or day field studies.
>Rock Eagle 4-H Center – 706-484-2899 - http://www.rockeagle4h.org/
Saturday @ the Rock- Takes place on the third Saturday of each month offering different topics such as; Watershed Studies, etc. Open to everyone. For more info check: 2010 Community Programs at Rock Eagle 4-H Center; 2019 Schedule of Events
Morgan County 4-H Project Clubs
Have fun learning about horses. This equine club meets the 2nd Monday of each month during the school calendar year. You don't need to own a horse to be a member! 4th - 12th Grade.
- Learn horse care
- Learn training techniques
- Participate fun field trips
- Perform Community Service projects
Upcoming Important Dates
- Our next 4-H Horse Club meeting will be, Monday, June 10, 2019
Contact the 4-H Office (706) 342-2214 for more information.
Explore the World of Robotics through the Morgan County 4-H Cloverleaf Robotics Club!!!!
4-5 grade Robotics club members will learn design basics and mechanical concepts through monthly sessions led by Senior Morgan County 4-H members. Students may ride the bus from the elementary school to the 4-H office with a parental permission note that is turned in the school. Club Meetings have concluded for the 2018-2019 School Term.
Judging Events: Learn More (you will be taken to new page)
- 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Jamboree (Consumer Judging)
- Become a savvy consumer and made good decisions on spending your money!
- Learn about cotton and its impact on Georgia
- This is a Fall judging team event.
- Dairy Judging
- We are forming a team now! Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
You will be able to identify cow breeds and evaluate classes of dairy animals and back-up your ranking choices with oral reasons.
This contest is open to all 4-H'ers from all over Georgia ages 9-19. Contest is in Spring 2019. See more info under our Morgan County Horse Club listed above.
- Poultry Judging
- Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
As a poultry team member you will examine eggs and judge their quality and be able to candle them to assign a quality grade. You will be able to evaluate live chickens to judge their ability to be a good laying hen.
- Wildlife Judging Team. Call Janet Woodard (706) 342-2214 for more information.
- team members will learn about wildlife habitat and risks, identify risks and damages and common wildlife and Fisheries Food
- GA 4-H Wildlife Judging Manual
4-H Educational Events and Civis Engagement
- 4-H State Council: June 21-23, 2019, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Eatonton, GA. This annual meeting is where the elections of Georgia 4-H State Officers occur as well as multiple events, competitions and training for any current 8th-12th grade 4-H member.
- 4-H State Congress, July 23-26, 2019, Atlanta, GA. State Congress is the premiere competitive and recognition event for high school age Georgia 4-H’ers. Held each year in Atlanta, State Congress is a four-day event that hosts various contests, recognizes 4-H scholarship recipients, and honors state 4-H winners in a variety of projects and competitions.
- Dairy Quiz Bowl-
- Horse Quiz Bowl- The Georgia 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl contest is this January in Morgan County. Teams of either four or five members from one county compete in a game show type format and answer questions related to equine subject matter.
Play consists of double elimination tournament style matches where two teams compete at a time. A county can bring up to two senior and two junior teams to the area contest. Junior (4-8 grade) and Senior (9-12 grade) 4-H members are eligible to compete in Horse Quiz Bowl. Members of the winning senior division team become master 4-H’ers and go on to compete at Western National Round Up in Denver, CO.
For specific details call Lucy Ray, Morgan County Extension: 706-342-2214.
District Project Achievement-Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Competitions
Youth Leadership Programs
- Leadership In Action
- Certified 4-H Teen Leaders- Next Training, To be Announced, 2018.
Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H (tri-fold brochure)
- If you are interested in showing livestock with 4-H we have show teams for the following:
- Market Goats
- Breeding Ewes
- Breeding Does
- Market Hogs
- Registered Beef
- Commercial Dairy Heifers
Call our 4-H office to sign-up. 706.342.2214.
- Check back in August 2019 for our 7th Annual Fruit Tree and Bush Sale
- Thank you for your support!
Please select this link: Six Flags Tickets
You will see information on how to log-in to the Six Flags 4-H Special ticket pricing website. You will be able to print your tickets on your printer and take with you to the Park.
To see the dates the park is open and operating hours use this link: sixflags.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Jul 7 - Jul 10 4-H State Officer Training An intensive training program to orient the newly-elected Georgia 4-H State Board of Directors to their duties and expectations while helping them continue to develop their leadership and life skills. Athens, GA - (25.0 Miles)
Jul 11 - Jul 13 Georgia Junior Beef Futurity Georgia Junior Beef Futurity Perry, GA Perry, GA - (81.0 Miles)
Jul 21 4-H Day at the Atlanta Braves game 4-H DAY AT THE ATLANTA BRAVES GAME Preliminary Ticket Orders Due: May 10, 2019 Final Payments for All Tickets Due: June 10, 2019 GAME DATE & TIME: Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 1:20 PM Atlanta, GA - (61.0 Miles)