UGA Extension Office

Pest Control and Licensing



Always check the Georgia Pesticide Licensing Website for the most recent rules related to pesticide licensing.

Applicators must provide:

  • Applicator’s licensing registration form.
  • Verification of lawful citizenship affidavit that must be filled out by the applicant and notarized.
  • Photocopy of their driver’s license or passport.
  • Certificate of Completion.

Once the participant has passed the Private Pesticide Exam he/she must print the Certificate of Completion and bring this to your nearest Extension Office so that we can send your certificate and all other documents listed above to the Georgia Department of Agriculture. If you need any assistance please call our office at 229-263-4103.

Which license do you need? Do you:

  • Apply restricted pesticides on your land, or your employer's land, only for agricultural use? You can use a Private Pesticide License.
  • Apply a restricted pesticide to your own or your employer's property for any use other than agricultural? You need a Commercial Applicator License, or you must be supervised by someone with a Commercial Applicator License
  • Charge a fee to apply any type of pesticide, restricted or general, to another person's property? Then you must have a Commercial Applicator License and the business owner (you or another person) must have a Pesticide Contractor License.


Please visit for more information regarding Professional Certification Courses.