UGA Extension Camden County works through a unique partnership through state and local county government, the University of Georgia and the US Department of Agriculture. Extension strives to enrich the lives of its constituents through education programing in a many different program areas including:
Have questions or want to know more?
Find us on Facebook or contact us at the office at:
PO Box 309
1409 Georgia Ave
Woodbine, GA 31569
Aug 18 Chatham Childcare Collaborative Super Saturday All workshops are approved by Bright from the Start Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning as part of the annual training requirements for child care providers. Savannah, GA - (82.0 Miles)
Sep 11 - Sep 12 SE Area Forestry Field Day SE Area Forestry Field Day Reidsville, GA - (82.0 Miles)
Ag & Natural Resources Services
- Testing services for soil, water and plant samples
- Invasive species management initiatives
- Annual River Cleanups
- Adopt-A-Stream monitoring and certification
- Georgia Master Naturalist Course
- Emergency Preparedness & Recovery Resources
- Using Pesticids Safely - February is National Pesticide Safety Education Month
- Firewise Homeowner Education Seminar - June 22 (9am - 3pm)
- Basics for Stormwater Development - April 10-11 - Jekyll Island
- Gardening in the South - Six week course - Saturdays Only - Beginning April 21st
- New Tax Laws Seminar for Georgia Farmers and Landowners - May 15-18 at various locations
- Landscaping for Stormwater Green Infrastructure Solutions - May 18-19 - UGA Marine Ext - Savannah
Tropical Warnings link Rain, high water and possible flooding expected in late May.
Watermelon Crop link Downy mildew thrives in wet, humid conditions, using moisture on the plant's surface for successful spore germination.
Scouting link The life cycles of some insect pests are so short that missing a week of scouting can lead to increased pests and damaged crops.