4-H’ers are encouraged to complete a speech with at least three posters on any topic they choose. The 4-H’ers will give a demonstration in the classroom and at the district event called District Project Achievement. At the Cloverleaf level (5th & 6th grade), D.P.A. is a one-day event in Alma, Ga.
- 4-H District Project Achievement Pamphlet 2017-2018 Assignment
- Cloverleaf Project List
- Cloverleaf Project Objectives
- Examples of good posters vs. bad posters
- What are the judges looking for?
- 4-H You Tube Script Outline
- Examples of good power point presentations
So what is in it for me? Free trip, free lunch, fun day & carnival games with friends, represent Camden Co., and an awesome learning experience. Wow, you will be proud of yourself!
What to do:
- Pick a project from the list.
- Pick a topic within your project. Look for something that interests you. For example: Project: Archaeology/Topic: Mummies
- Develop your presentation (demonstration). Try to narrow your subject to one main idea.
- Use an outline to help you organize your presentation and make a supply list.
- Body of the demonstration
- Write out your presentation and put on index cards.
- Prepare your visual aids (posters, props, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Practice your demonstration: take a deep breath and begin with a smile.
Junior-Senior Project Achievement
As a Junior (7-8th grade) & Senior (9-12th grade) 4-H member, Project Achievement becomes a two part competition. You still pick a topic or activity that you enjoy and want to share with other people, and prepare a presentation related to that topic. The second part is a portfolio of all your activities throughout the year from January – December including project work, 4-H, school, work, and community activities. This relates to resume writing and gives you resume building and public speaking skills, as well as, provides an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and citizen skills. You earn a free trip to Rock Eagle 4-H Center with fun, games and dances with your 4-H friends. Also, if you place first at the Senior level, you will receive a free trip to State Congress in Atlanta during the summer, to compete on the state level.
- Link to Georgia 4-H Project Achievement for Junior List of Projects and Objectives
- Link to Georgia 4-H Project Achievement for Senior List of Projects and Objectives
- Guidelines for Junior Portfolios
- Guidelines for Senior Portfolios
- Example Junior Portfolio
- Example Senior Portfolio