Opportunities with Troup County 4-H
Troup County 4-H would not happen without the support of our awesome volunteers!
Volunteers support our mission of assisting youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing citizens.
We hope you'll find your niche with us and share your time and talents in building our next generation of leaders! We are always looking for caring adults who are willing to chaperone at overnight camp or other 4-H educational trips, lead a monthly club or assisting with administrative work.
There are a multitude of volunteer activities available at Troup County Extension Office:
- Coach youth judging teams (Forestry, Poultry, Cotton Boll)
- Judge Project Achievement
- Chaperone youth at camps or conferences
- Coach a shooting sports team
- Assist with additional 4-H club activities
To protect our youth, all adults who wish to serve as volunteers for 4-H are required to become "screened volunteers," which requires volunteer applicants to:
- Sign the UGA Volunteer Agreement
- Pass a background check
- Provide 2 positive character references
- Watch a 20-minute risk management training video (each year)
- Pass the risk management training video quiz with 100%.
Volunteers wishing to serve as coaches for judging teams and project SAFE events also require additional training. For more information on volunteering for Troup County 4-H contact our 4-H Agent, Laura Mirarchi by email at email@example.com or 706.302.8784.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Assist with office responsibilities
Agriculture & Natural Resources