Agriculture & Natural Resources
Weather Emergency Resources
- Georgia Resident’s Handbook to Prepare for Natural Hazards
- UGA Extension Weather Emergency Publications
Community Garden Grants
Pesticide Safety and Training
Pesticides are a vital part of most agricultural and forestry operations. Human and environmental safety does not have to be compromised.
The Georgia Private Pesticide Applicator Exam may be completed online. For more information read on how to complete the exam.
You must pass an exam on the "National Perticide Applicator Certification Core Manual Second Edition 2014" and exam on the appropriate categorical maunal(s) with a minimum score of 70%. Visit the Georgia Commercial Pesticide Applicator's Testing Information website for exam and registration.
- Commercial Applicators license is required if you want to apply a restricted use pesticide (RUP) and you do not qualify as a private applicator.
- This does not permit you to charge a fee unless you also have a Pesticide Contractor license.
- if you work for or as a licensed pesticide contractor applying any pesticide to the lands of another you must have a Commercial Pesticide Applicator license unless you work under the supervision of someone who is licensed.
- Any Pesticide purchases must be confined to only those categories for which you are authorized by your license.
Below are some of UGA Extension's most broadly useful resources for those involved in agriculture on the farm, in schools, and around the home.