Summer Camp / Events
Summer camp is a BLAST!!
Come join us this summer and see what fun 4-H has to offer. Contact Shanda Ashley, Calhoun County 4-H & Youth, (229) 849-2685 for more information and on how to register.
Georgia 4-H Centers
The University of Georgia 4-H program has five centers for education located in different areas of the state. Each center offers 4-H Environmental Education and Summer Camp.
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center is the largest 4-H Center in the world; it is located in the Piedmont area of our state near Eatonton, GA. Rock Eagle is named for a 2,000+ year old white, quartz rock mound in the shape of an eagle. You can swim, hike, canoe, sail, play ball, miniature golf, and compete for the famous Tribal Shield. You can study the life of Native Americans and make craft items.
- Jekyll Island 4-H Center is on one of Georgia's Golden Islands. In the land of millionaires you can learn many exciting things about ocean and marine life. Travel through the maritime forest, tour the millionaires village, have fun at the water park, and participate in beach games on the coast.
- Fortson 4-H Center is just outside Atlanta, near the Atlanta Motor Speedway. It offers swimming, white water, adventure courses, and learning about our capital city.
- Wahsega 4-H Center has a high ropes course, a zip line, basketball, wading in a mountain stream, hiking, learning mountain lore, and about plants and animals in the hills of Georgia. This center is nestled in the Appalachian Mountains near Dahlonega, GA.
- Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island is a beautiful place near Savannah, GA. It's the site of fun, sun, and great learning about the wildlife-rich tidal marshes. Play volleyball in the sand, catch some rays on the beach, and learn about the coastal birthplace of our state.