Agriculture & Natural Resources
ANR Services (Prices include cost of test + postage)
- Forage Testing - Basic test $17; includes moisture, neutral detergent fiber, acid detergent fiber, estimated crude fiber, crude protein, lignin, total digestible nutrients and relative forage quality
- Nitrate Testing in Forages - $15
- Submit hay and silage samples in a gallon ziploc bag
- Plant tissue - Basic test $25; includes total nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, aluminum, boron, copper, zinc, and nickel
- Leaf tissue should be placed in a brown paper bag. Do not wrap or enclose leaves in plastic. All wet leaf tissue to air dry before shipment.
- Soil Testing - Basic test $10; includes pH, lime requirement, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc and manganese
- Water Testing - Basic test $23; includes pH and hardness, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, aluminum, boron, chromium, copper, cadmium, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silica, sodium and zinc.
- Microbiology test for drinking water - $46 ($36 for the test, $10 shipping); tests for total coliforms and e. coli in drinking water
ANR EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Feb 20 - Feb 22 Preventive Controls for Human Food This course uses industry-specific sample food safety plans, in addition to the standardized curriculum developed by FSPCA to train and qualify attendees to be Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals. The goal is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to design, implement, document, and maintain a comprehensive food safety plan for a food processor to ensure the safe processing and packaging of products consumption. Athens, GA - (107.0 Miles)
Feb 20 - Feb 21 ServSafe Manager Training UGA Spalding County Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service professionals from the National Restaurant Association. Successful completion of the exam results in certification from NRAEF. The fee of $140 includes course book, educational materials, instruction, exam and refreshments. Pre-registration required, please contact our office. Griffin, GA - (116.0 Miles)
Feb 21 - Feb 26 Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Perry - (177.0 Miles)
Andress Honored link Georgia FCS teachers honor leader of UGA's statewide home food processing and preservation program.
Pest Management Field Day link University of Georgia blueberry research will be on display at a field day in Alma next week
Flu Prevention link A healthy diet can also protect against the flu. Flu symptoms include fever, chills, cough, sore throat and runny nose.
Flower Gardens link Growing cut flowers at home is possible with the right knowledge.