4-H Events & Conferences
Below is information on events and conferences which we encourage our 4-H'er to participate in. This includes other links to explore too! We are looking forward to hearing about the ways your 4-H story emerges, so please share about how you are participating - we love pictures too!
Upcoming Events & Programs for Paulding County 4-H'ers
- 2018 Summer Activities for 4-H'ers in Grades 5-8
For Paulding County 4-H'ers currently in grades 5-8,
registration started 4/30
- 2018 Summer Activities for 4-H'ers in Grades 7-12
For Paulding County 4-H'ers currently in grades 7-12,
registration started 4/30
- 2018 GA 4-H State Council Details, more information is also on the state site, please note the proposed changes in the GA 4-H Constitution too.
- Information on applying for the Georgia 4-H Board of Directors, be sure to watch the video on being a member before filling out the forms!
- Georgia 4-H 2018 Photography Contest
- Georgia Cooperative Youth Conference from Georgia 4-H
- Animal Science in Action Summer Program -
Sponsored by the University of Georgia's College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Clovers and Company 2018 Audition Information
See flyer from Georgia 4-H for grades, auditions, and registration, etc.
- Music Education Matters Summit
4-H'ers currently in grades 6-12
- Georgia 4-H Foundation Scholarship Information
- Natural Resource Conservation Workshop at ABAC
For students in grades 9-11
- 2018 Summer Camp Information
Be sure to visit our newsletter page too!
Status of 2018 Summer Activities as of May 25
(see PDF of brochures for details):
- Forestry, Food & Forensic: Slots Available
- Engineering, Skyview & LegoLand: 1 Slots Available
- Tech Exploration: Slots Available
- Art, Math & The High Museum: Canceled
- Cave Spring, Rome & Calhoun Rock Garden: Limited Slots Available
- Pizza & Portfolio: Slots Available
- Tubing Near Elijay: 1 Slot Available
- Wild Animal Safari: FULL
- UGA College Tour: Limited Slots Available (added 2nd vehicle)
- Delta Flight Museum & Chic-fil-A Tour (new Date June 26): Full
Other 4-H Info:
- Georgia 4-H Foundation Achievement Scholarships
- 4-H State Council
- Georgia 4-H State Congress
- Georgia National Fair
If you have additions or other suggestions about the information on this page, please contact Paulding County 4-H at paulding4H@uga.edu
May 30 Fulton Fresh Kids Cooking Competition Teams of four 4th-6th grade kids will compete to create an original food dish using in-season products from a mystery ingredient box. The ingredients provided to each team are based upon a common dish; however, teams are challenged with being creative and developing their own recipe with the ingredients provided. Teams will have 60 minutes to prepare a dish, plan a presentation, and clean up the preparation area. Teams will have access to a “pantry” of additional ingredients that may be incorporated into their recipe. Each team is allowed 5 additional ingredients. Kids will participate in a food safety class at the beginning of the competition that will include: knife skills, proper food handling, and an overview of MyPlate. Celebrity chefs and farmers will judge the teams by listening to the team presentation and asking questions to teammates. Every child will receive a Fulton Fresh t-shirt and certificate. Prizes will be awarded for top winners! 4th-6th graders Cost: $5 per participant East Point, GA - (32.0 Miles)
Jun 11 - Jun 16 Junior Camp (7th - 8th grade, NE District) Junior Camp (7th - 8th grade, NE District) at Fortson 4-H Center Hampton, GA - (52.0 Miles)
Jun 18 - Jun 23 Junior Camp (7th - 8th grade, NW/SW Districts) Junior Camp (7th - 8th grade, NW/SW Districts) at Fortson 4-H Center Hampton, GA - (52.0 Miles)
Yoga Kids link Almost 100 Georgia 4-H agents and assistants are now trained to teach Yoga for Kids.
Future Doctors link Georgia 4-H members learn about medical school.
Cooking Competition link Kids cooking competition takes center stage at East Point Farmers Market on May 30.