4-H Events & Conferences
Below is information on events and conferences which we encourage our 4-H'er to participate in. This includes other links to explore too! We are looking forward to hearing about the ways your 4-H story emerges, so please share about how you are participating - we love pictures too!
Upcoming Events & Programs for Paulding County 4-H'ers
Apply to attend National 4-H Conference!
Deadline November 26 by 5pm
The conference dates are April 6-11, 2019.
Each year, every Land Grant University 4-H Department is invited to select and send a delegation of high-school-aged 4-H’ers to Washington, DC, to participate in National 4-H Conference. Conference delegates engage in personal development experiences that increase their knowledge, resources, and skills while they discuss topics affecting youth and 4‑H programming nationwide. Delegates not only learn while at the conference: they are empowered to create positive social change in their communities and have the opportunity to practice and apply their skills in a real-world setting. 4-H’ers arrive at the National 4‑H Conference Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland, ready to connect, learn, engage, lead and impact their communities, their nation, and their world. They choose an important societal topic and, in round table groups, prepare a briefing. During the conference, the groups present their briefing to federal officials around the Washington, D.C. area.
National 4-H Conference Application Information
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Applications Due November 26, 2018 @ 5:00 PM
Finalists Announced November 30, 2018
Finalist Interviews December 08, 2018 @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center during Fall Forum
Delegates Announced December 08, 2018
National Conference April 6-11, 2019 @ National 4-H Center in Chevy Chase, MD
PROCESS OVERVIEW AND AWARDS
· Four Georgia delegates will be selected to attend National 4-H Conference through a combination of applications and interviews. They will join the Leadership in Action state winners who opt to attend National Conference as part of their award.
· The four delegates who are selected via the application/interview process and who attend the conference will be eligible for Master 4-H status.
· 4-H will cover all expenses for the trip, except for transportation to and from the Atlanta Airport, meals on travel days, and one meal on Capitol Hill Day.
For more detailed information about National 4-H Conference, visit 4-h.org.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in 4-H and must be between ages 15 and 19 years old by January 1 of the conference year to compete for selection as a National 4-H Conference delegate.
- Applicants must not have attended National 4-H Conference previously.
- Submit applications from interested 15-19 year old 4-H'ers in your county by November 27, 2018 @ 5:00 PM.
- Select applicants, chosen on the basis of the application alone, will be invited to interview at Fall Forum as finalists. A list of those selected to interview will be posted on November 30, 2018.
- Finalists will be interviewed at 4-H Fall Forum on December 8. This is the only time when finalists can be interviewed.
- Delegates will be announced at Fall Forum and will be selected on basis of:
- 4-H project work
- 4-H leadership work
- Leadership activities in other fields
- Civic engagement activities
- Essay submitted with application
The total Application should be no more than six pages including:
- Contact Information Page
- 2 Pages of 4-H & Leadership Activities
- 2 to 3 Page Essay
- Application form is attached as a Word document that can and should be electronically completed and submitted (though, for signatures, you may have to print, sign, and scan). Find it and more info at georgia4h.org.
The application can be downloaded here as an editable MS Word Document. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Return your completed application by Monday, November 26 at 5 pm to email@example.com
December 8-9, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Fall Forum "4-H: Where the Light Is" - Space is limited. Register by November 12th.
A glimpse from summer 2018:
- Summer Camp Information
- 2018 Summer Activities for 4-H'ers in Grades 5-8
- 2018 Summer Activities for 4-H'ers in Grades 7-12
Be sure to visit our newsletter page too!
Other 4-H Info:
- Georgia 4-H Foundation Achievement Scholarships
- 4-H State Council
- Georgia 4-H State Congress
- Georgia National Fair
If you have additions or other suggestions about the information on this page, please contact Paulding County 4-H at paulding4H@uga.edu
Oct 1 - Nov 16 Paulding County T-shirt Pre-Order Show off your 4-H spirit with our 2018-2019 county t-shirt. Please complete the pre-order form and mail or drop off your payment of cash or check to the Paulding County Extension Office located at 530 W Memorial Drive Dallas GA 30132. Please make checks payable to Paulding County 4-H. You may make a Visa/MasterCard payment in person or by phone at 770-443-7616. Our office hours are Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm, but note we are closed for lunch from 12 - 1 pm. NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE SCHOOLS! All t-shirts are adult sizes, small through XL $12, 2X and 3X are $15. Deadline for orders and payment is FRIDAY, November 16th at 5 pm. T-shirts will be delivered at January Club meetings. Dallas, GA
Nov 10 - Nov 26 National 4-H Conference Applications Available IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES Applications Due November 26, 2018 @ 5:00 PM Finalist Interviews December 08, 2018 @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center during Fall Forum Delegates Announced December 08, 2018 National Conference April 6-11, 2019 @ National 4-H Center in Chevy Chase, MD ELIGIBILITY RULES • Applicants must be currently enrolled in 4-H and must be between ages 15 and 19 years old by January 1 of the conference year to compete for selection as a National 4-H Conference delegate. • Applicants must not have attended National 4-H Conference previously. Application form is attached as a Word document. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Dallas, GA
Nov 15 Portfolio Workshop Join us to work on your portfolio and prepare for DPA! Portfolios workshop is coming up on November 15 for 7th - 12th graders who plan to compete at DPA! Sign up now to let us know if you plan to attend. Come and get help putting your activities into a great format for submission for your project area. Bring a laptop or tablet if you have one! Sign up Online at the link below. Dallas, GA
4-H Leadership Endowment link Georgia 4-H alumni, supporters name endowment in honor of Gov. and first lady.
Giant Pumpkins link Georgia's giant pumpkins take center stage this October.
Kids to Camp! link Georgia 4-H and Tractor Supply Co. work to raise money to send kids to camp.