4-H Events & Conferences
Below is information on events and conferences which we encourage our 4-H'er to participate in. This includes other links to explore too! We are looking forward to hearing about the ways your 4-H story emerges, so please share about how you are participating - we love pictures too!
Upcoming Events & Programs for Paulding County 4-H'ers
Apply to attend National 4-H Conference!
Deadline November 26 by 5pm
The conference dates are April 6-11, 2019.
Each year, every Land Grant University 4-H Department is invited to select and send a delegation of high-school-aged 4-H’ers to Washington, DC, to participate in National 4-H Conference. Conference delegates engage in personal development experiences that increase their knowledge, resources, and skills while they discuss topics affecting youth and 4‑H programming nationwide. Delegates not only learn while at the conference: they are empowered to create positive social change in their communities and have the opportunity to practice and apply their skills in a real-world setting. 4-H’ers arrive at the National 4‑H Conference Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland, ready to connect, learn, engage, lead and impact their communities, their nation, and their world. They choose an important societal topic and, in round table groups, prepare a briefing. During the conference, the groups present their briefing to federal officials around the Washington, D.C. area.
National 4-H Conference Application Information
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Applications Due November 26, 2018 @ 5:00 PM
Finalists Announced November 30, 2018
Finalist Interviews December 08, 2018 @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center during Fall Forum
Delegates Announced December 08, 2018
National Conference April 6-11, 2019 @ National 4-H Center in Chevy Chase, MD
PROCESS OVERVIEW AND AWARDS
· Four Georgia delegates will be selected to attend National 4-H Conference through a combination of applications and interviews. They will join the Leadership in Action state winners who opt to attend National Conference as part of their award.
· The four delegates who are selected via the application/interview process and who attend the conference will be eligible for Master 4-H status.
· 4-H will cover all expenses for the trip, except for transportation to and from the Atlanta Airport, meals on travel days, and one meal on Capitol Hill Day.
For more detailed information about National 4-H Conference, visit 4-h.org.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in 4-H and must be between ages 15 and 19 years old by January 1 of the conference year to compete for selection as a National 4-H Conference delegate.
- Applicants must not have attended National 4-H Conference previously.
- Submit applications from interested 15-19 year old 4-H'ers in your county by November 26, 2018 @ 5:00 PM.
- Select applicants, chosen on the basis of the application alone, will be invited to interview at Fall Forum as finalists. A list of those selected to interview will be posted on November 30, 2018.
- Finalists will be interviewed at 4-H Fall Forum on December 8. This is the only time when finalists can be interviewed.
- Delegates will be announced at Fall Forum and will be selected on basis of:
- 4-H project work
- 4-H leadership work
- Leadership activities in other fields
- Civic engagement activities
- Essay submitted with application
The total Application should be no more than six pages including:
- Contact Information Page
- 2 Pages of 4-H & Leadership Activities
- 2 to 3 Page Essay
- Application form is attached as a Word document that can and should be electronically completed and submitted (though, for signatures, you may have to print, sign, and scan). Find it and more info at georgia4h.org.
The application can be downloaded here as an editable MS Word Document. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Return your completed application by Monday, November 26 at 5 pm to email@example.com
December 8-9, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Fall Forum "4-H: Where the Light Is" - Space is limited. Register by November 12th.
A glimpse from summer 2018:
- Summer Camp Information
- 2018 Summer Activities for 4-H'ers in Grades 5-8
- 2018 Summer Activities for 4-H'ers in Grades 7-12
Be sure to visit our newsletter page too!
Other 4-H Info:
- Georgia 4-H Foundation Achievement Scholarships
- 4-H State Council
- Georgia 4-H State Congress
- Georgia National Fair
If you have additions or other suggestions about the information on this page, please contact Paulding County 4-H at paulding4H@uga.edu
Feb 25 - Apr 23 Poultry Judging Welcome to the Paulding County 4-H Poultry Judging team! We are so glad that you have an interest in joining the team. We have several practices before the competition so it is IMPORTANT that you attend as many practices as possible. Please contact Ms. Kathie if you will miss a practice so that we can get you the information that you missed. We are going to have a great time in Poultry Judging this year. Dallas, GA
Mar 5 4-H Horse and Pony Club Do You Love Horses? Come check out the Paulding County 4-H Horse & Pony Club for grades 1-12. Horse and Pony Club meets monthly on the first Tuesday of the month at 7pm at Unity Baptist Church on Mustang Drive off Highway 61. For more questions, contact the Adult Leader Annette Raybon at 770-445-8655, the Extension Office at 770-443-7616 or paulding4H@uga.edu. Dallas, GA - (6.0 Miles)
Mar 23 NE Cloverleaf District Project Achievement (Grades 4 - 6) 4-H'ers in grades 4 - 6 will compete in District Project Achievement. Athens, GA - (81.0 Miles)
4-H at Capitol link Georgia 4-H members visit state Capitol to learn about legislative process.
Cooking to Share link Oglethorpe County 4-H Club members learn kitchen skills and kindness.
National Honor link Mason McClintock receives $5,000 scholarship and will serve as 4-H’s national youth spokesperson for civic engagement.