Pesticide Applicators License
Please choose one of the categories below and follow the instructions to access the Training Program.
Before you begin, please make sure you have a valid email address and access to a working printer.
- Private Applicator Training Program
- Commercial Applicators Commercial Study Guides
- Georgia Competent Applicators of Pesticides Program (Homeowners, Public Service Employees & Volunteers)
- a printed copy of your certificate from the Pesticide Certification Training
- Private Pesticide Applicator's License Application
- Affidavit (must be notarized)
- One form of Secure & Verifiable documentation (Driver's License, U.S. Passport, Birth Certificate, or other form of I.D - same documentation you will present for affidavit)
How long does a Private Pesticide Applicator license last and how do I renew it?
- The initial Private Applicator license is good for five years.
- Currently three hours of recertification credits must be earned no later than 90 days before your license expires.
- If you fail to earn sufficient recertification credits before your license expires, you must repeat the Private Applicator Training Program.
- To renew a Private Applicator license, you must earn three (3) hours of recertification credits every five years. No more than 1 hour may be from webinar attendance.
- Recertification credits can be earned by attending certain growers' meetings given by county Extension offices or by attending short courses and other meetings or viewing video recordings of those meetings that have been approved by the Georgia Department of Agriculture's Pesticides office.