Agriculture & Natural Resources
The vision of Lincoln County Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) programming is to help enable local agriculture producers to be sustainable and profitable in production through the provision of unbiased, research-based information and recommendations. The agent works closely with community members, local government, agribusinesses, and other advisory groups to identify needs, develop programs, and measure impact for Lincoln County.
The ANR agent is available to answer questions and provide information on a huge variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- livestock (cattle, horses, sheep/goats, swine, poultry, etc)
- forage, pasture management, and hay production
- soil testing, fertility, and management
- home water quality, bacterial testing, home loan closing
- pathogens and pests (plant disease, fungi, insect identification)
- fruit, vegetable, and ornamental plant care and management
- environmental sustainability, pond water, fish management, etc
The ANR agent is available to provide in-office consultations, on-site evaluations and recommendations, and can connect clients to additional resources such as state specialists or publications. The Lincoln County Extension Office also offers testing of soil, water, and forage samples through the UGA Environmental Services Laboratory in Athens, GA.
Below are some of UGA Extension's most broadly useful resources for those involved in agriculture on the farm, in schools, and around the home.