S.A.F.E. Shooting Sports
What is Project S.A.F.E.
Project S.A.F.E. (Shooting Awareness, Fun and Education) is an active program, attractive to youth and adult audiences. The program provides youth a place to develop a sense of belonging, and learn teamwork in a safe environment.
Like other 4-H projects, S.A.F.E. has a subject matter base. It has strong links to natural resources, wildlife, outdoor recreation and safety. The content is drawn from sports medicine, psychology, education, biological and physical sciences engineering, mathematics, technology, as well as American traditions, folklore and history.
Project S.A.F.E. Objectives
- Enhance youth development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational and socially acceptable involvement in shooting activities.
- To involve youth in a life skills program that teaches safe and responsible use of firearms including sound decision-making, self-discipline and concentration.
- To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and life-long avocation activities related to shooting sports.
- To strengthen families through participation in life-long recreational activities.
- To complement and enhance the impact of existing safety, shooting and hunter education programs using experiential (hands on) educational methods and progressive development of skills and abilities.