Pesticide Licensing and Pest Control Resources
Always check the Georgia Department of Agriculture's pesticide website for the most recent rules related to pesticide licensing. Do you:
- Apply restricted pesticides on your land, or your employers land, only for agricultural use? You can use aPrivate Pesticide License.
- Apply a restricted pesticide to your own or your employer's property for any use other than agricultural?You need a Commercial Applicator License, or you must be supervised by someone with a Commercial Applicator License
- Charge a fee to apply any type of pesticide, restricted or general, to another person's property? Then you must have a Commercial Applicator License and the business owner (you or another person) must have a Pesticide Contractor License.
- Georgia Pest Management Handbook - Both a commercial and a homeowner version are available at this site. An index is available for each version.
- Georgia's Pesticide Safety Education Program promotes the responsible and safe use of pesticides throughout Georgia.
- Commercial and Structural Pest Management Testing - Register for pesticide licensing exams and keep track of your progress.
- The National Pesticide Information Center provides "objective, science-based information about pesticides and pesticide-related topics" so you can make informed decision.