4-H Summer Camp
4-H camp is the highlight of the summer for Toombs 4-H members. Over 9,000 children ages 9-19 annually attend Georgia 4-H Camp for a week each summer.
Toombs County will be camping in 2017 on the following dates:
- Grades 5-6 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center the week of June 4-8, 2018 (Application)
- Grades 7-8 at Fortson 4-H Center the week of June 25-29, 2018
- Grades 9-12 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center the week of July 2-6, 2018
Georgia 4-H has 5 separate 4-H Centers each with its own camping program. Every camp is a world unto its own, with a theme full of high adventure, friendship and fun.
The 5 Georgia 4-H Centers are:
- Wahsega 4-H Center located in Dahlonega, Georgia
- Burton 4-H Center located on Tybee Island
- Jekyll Island 4-H Center located on Jekyll Island
- Fortson 4-H Center located in Hampton, Georgia
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center located in Eatonton, Georgia
Early bird sign up for camp typically begins the last Monday in January for members who participate in DPA. Open registration begins the first monday in February. A $100 deposit is required for all camps.