Lamar County Extension
is located in beautiful Barnesville, Georgia, Home of the famous Buggy Days. We are here to serve the residents and farmers of Lamar County. We host the 4-H organization which is available to students from the 5th through 12th grades. The Extension office offers soil and water testing as well as other diagnostic services. We also have information about Family and Consumer Science.
Please stop by and let us serve you. Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. till noon and 1:00 p.m. till 5:00 p.m.
2018 Lamar County 4-H Summer Program
Lamar County 4-H has a great Summer Program planned. Please check it out here: 2018 4-H Summer Program
Farm Bureau is sponsoring and Lamar County Extension is co-sponsoring an AG Day of Fun on July 13th in Thomaston. For more information, click the link below:
- Barnesville Lamar County Chamber of Commerce
- Gordon State College
- The Herald Gazette Weekly Newspaper
Some of our most popular services include:
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Soil Testing Services
- 4-H Youth Development
- Summer Camps
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Published 1/30/2016
- Homeowners sometimes experience unpleasant odors in their household water. In many cases, the exact cause of the odor is difficult to determine by water testing; however, this publication provides a few general recommendations for treating some common causes of household water odors.
- Read More
- Published 1/26/2016
- The recommendations in this circular are based on long-term average dates of the last killing frost in the spring and first killing frost in the fall. Every year does not conform to the "average," so you should use your own judgment about advancing or delaying the time for each job, depending on weather conditions.
- Read More
Search other publications