4-H Youth Development
We have a group site on Facebook where we will list information about all upcoming events, pictures of activities and videos. You can find us by using the Facebook icon above!
Become a UGA Extension Volunteer!
Volunteers are fundamental to the UGA Extension 4-H program. They provide the assistance needed to enable youth to become healthy, self-directing contributing members of society. As a 4-H volunteer, you have the opportunity to be a leader, mentor and role model. As a UGA Extension 4-H volunteer with Lamar County, you may find yourself in a supervisory role which may include teaching a class, attending a week-long 4-H camp or chaperoning a 4-H activity for a few hours.
All adults who wish to volunteer with University of Georgia Cooperative Extension 4-H county programs MUST be screened through the University of Georgia Human Resources System because of their roles in supervising children. Supervising is defined as an adult who directs a youth's (other than their personal child's) behavior during an activity or event.
The screening process includes:
- Completion of an application
- Documentation from two references
- Background checks (Criminal and National Sex Offender Registry)
You may find the application and further information on becoming a UGA Extension 4-H volunteer in Lamar County below:
- Volunteer Screening Application
- 4-H Volunteer Leader Agreement
- Visit the Volunteer section of the Georgia 4-H website.
Popular Services We Provide
- Focus on 4-H Newsletter October 2018
- Focus on 4-H Newsletter September 2018
- Focus on 4-H Newsletter May 2018
- Focus on 4-H Newsletter April 2018
- Focus on 4-H Newsletter March 2018
- Focus on 4-H Newsletter February 2018
- Focus on 4-H Newsletter January 2018
4-H Project Achievement Information
Cloverleaf 4-H'er Information (for 5th and 6th graders)
If you want to participate in the Cloverleaf Project Achievement Presentation Competition, take a look at the following:
Cloverleaf 4-H Project Achievement
Information about the Cloverleaf Project Achievement Presentation Competition coming soon!
Junior and Senior 4-H'er Information (for 7th thru 12th graders)
To assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life long and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing citizens.