- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Master Gardener Extension Volunteers
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- 4-H and Youth Development
To extend lifelong learning from the University of Georgia to the everyday lives of Georgians through current, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
What is UGA Extension?
A partnership of the University of Georgia, the U. S. Department of Agriculture and counties of the state cooperating. UGA Extension is on the forefront of food safety, technology, research, and education; keeping Georgia’s economy strong and making life better for Georgians. Learn more about Extension.
UGA Extension Cherokee County links the resources of the University of Georgia and Cherokee County to provide educational programs, information, and assistance to citizens. UGA Extension Cherokee County helps the citizens of Cherokee County by addressing the following initiatives:
- Family and Economic Well-Being
- Conservation and Management of Natural Resources
- Agriculture Programming and Research Opportunities
- Improving Nutrition, Diet and Health
- Water Quality
- Youth Leadership
- 4-H Youth Development Program
- Service Learning / Citizenship
Local News & Events
- Plant Sale CCMG, Saturday, September 9th, 9:00 a.m. - noon @ Cherokee County Senior Services
- Cherokee County Extension Blog
- Cherokee County Master Gardeners 2017 Seminar Series Brochure.
- Discount Six Flags Over Georgia and/or White Water tickets through Cherokee County 4-H
- Take The 40 Gallon Challenge:
- Pledge to Save Water Today!
- 4-H Happenings School Newsletter
- Upcoming Extension Programs Around Georgia
- ServSafe Certification Classes in Georgia
- Soil Testing
- Water Testing
- Forage Testing
- Plant or Weed Identification
- Insect Identification
- Nematode Assays
- Plant Diseases
- Radon Testing
- Turfgrass Disorders
- Tree Disorders
- Wildlife Identification
- Plant Identification
- Ask an Expert - Extension
- Agriculture Impact in Cherokee
- The Story of Cherokee Co